Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Hello Officer

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Officer

Now I know that doing stunts on the streets is not legal in any way so it’s a good idea to stunt and practice in unattended parking lots. Can the cops do anything to you when you’re messin around in a lot even though it’s not publicly owned? I’m stuck in a smaller town so I know that the cops will hassle me if I play around for too long in one area. So far I have only messed around for no more than ten minutes at a time in order to avoid the possibility of dealing with the law in any way. Now that my bike is set up, I want to be able to practice for a long time without having legal trouble. I don’t know what my rights are on private property in case a LEO starts throwing charges at me for endangering the public or whatever else they pull out of their ***. Have you guys ever had to deal with cops when you’re on private property that you knew you didn’t have permission to be there? What do you say to the guy?
-NorthernFirepower

Old 07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Hello Officer

from what ive heard and experienced yes cops can come into a parking lot and hassle you. to avoid this you should have all the entrances and exits blocked so the public can not enter the premesis. now doing this without permission from the property owners could also get you in trouble with the law. i would say check with your local law enforcement but i see that conversation going badly lol

Old 07-13-2007, 04:54 PM

they will try get u any way they want to

Old 07-15-2007, 04:54 AM

ya like havoc said...if they find u in a lot where cops can come in/out...meaning its OPEN to the public, you can still get a ticket.

just find the emptiest lot possible and practice there....even better if its closed....but then that can be considered trespassing.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:44 PM

I say ask the cop where he would suggest?

Old 07-27-2007, 12:58 PM

Good idea eek... Anyone, anywhere in their state can get a ticket for reckless operation, exhibition driving, or whatever the state statute may be, whether you on a public roadway or in a private lot. Some smaller towns even have their own ordinance for private parking lot's just to keep people from tresspassing and to keep them outwhen the buisnesses areclosed. However, unless you are stunting on a public roadway in view of drivers, or theon duty officers get a noise complaintfrom some old lady just wanting to complain cause she aint got **** else to do....most officers that I know (and I happen to be good friends with alot of police officers) have all told me they rarely- if ever- mess with rider's in private, or secludedlots. If the lot is posted no trespassing then they may ask you to leave, but they usually will not mess with you unless you start acting like a dick to them. Ask for any riding spotsuggestions like eek said, tell the officer to have a good day...and ride out. Besides, I happen to know for a fact that unless you are actually visibly seen commiting the infraction by the responding officer, you can't be cited anyway. Now if you're on the back wheel when the officer pulls up and he's having a bad day, and then you start being a dick on top of it...you can pretty much count on getting a freakin ticket, even from the nicest of officers. Stay off the public roadway, and find a secluded lot somewhere to clutch it up. Out of site is usually out of mind.

CBR900RR

Old 07-28-2007, 01:26 AM

Thanks, I agree, the farther from people the better when you are practicing, find a buddy with access to a shipping yard, and you are set!

Old 07-28-2007, 03:16 PM

we were way out in the boonies today, a sheriff rolled up, we talked to him, said we were just taking pictures...He left, 20 minutes later highway patrol rolls up, says "i had teh county just stop me and say you guys were doing stunt riding...thats fine and all, as long as you do it with in the law." Is that a go or a no? lol, we took it as go ahead, we didn't stay as long as we usually do though.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 PM

A State Highway Patrol Trooper has absolutely no jurisdiction on private property unless you've committed an infraction on a public roadway, in his view,and then ran there to get away. If that's the case he, like any other officercan go anywhere you go to affect the lawful arrest oftheoffender.The only officer who can actually cite you on private property in a county juridiction, is a Sheriff Deputy. Tell theTrooper to blow it out his ***....that is unless you were on the roadway. Lmao!This is just ment as friendly advise and you at the mercy of a judge if you get cited.

Old 08-04-2007, 02:01 AM

We been confronted by many officers on many different occasions. They always come acroos as hard asses. Word of advice be courtious (spellin) and show respecct yes sir no sir
***DO NOT ARGUE OR BE HARD HEADED!!***
I tend to have issues here [:@] I'm workin on this. Well to my point we have NEVER gotten a ticket in a parking lot. Everytime the show up threatening with some sweet talking we get the Take it else where. .. We load up and leave. . .
Name:  l_f55de1bea8fd01a5035f3df377b91de3.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  51.3 KB
Name:  l_052c838efb9ec56f438d483d4331d387.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  56.9 KB

lol just a few of many

Quick Reply: Hello Officer