Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

First Day clutching it up

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Day clutching it up

so ya i just started today and it is pretty cool but if i am on the road i am afraid that i am goin to loop it if i stay on the throttle any advice to conqure this fear?
thanks
JonBrown

Name:  IMG_1416.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  112.4 KB

Old 12-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Default RE: First Day clutching it up

Name:  IMG_1419.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  133.6 KB

Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

so ya i just started today and it is pretty cool but if i am on the road i am afraid that i am goin to loop it if i stay on the throttle

Not trying to preach, but in a sense you answered part of your ? yourself. Dont do it on the road while learning, take it to a lot somewhere. May also want to try more gear, jacket, and some leg protection (if your not wearing under the pants already). Not a gear ****, but i know when i started to be more aggressive where i may very well crash, i geared up a lot. Took my mind off crashing, made it easier to be more aggressive, knowing iwould (probably) not get at banged up.Dont know if that will help or not, but it did for me.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:25 PM
OC

Same here. When it comes to gear, I say to each his own. The more I wear, the less I think about crashing and the more I can focus on what I'm doing. And BTW, maybe you should find a different place to practice. The grass seems like a bad idea. Looks good for your first day clutching!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:37 PM

Just look at your own photos man. You are doing a sit down wheelie in both those pictures. You have a ways to go before you loop. I assume you are clutching in first. Just practice and feel for the balance point. Dont forget about your rear brake though. Always be in the mindset that you ARE GOING TO USE YOUR REAR BRAKE if you go to far.

Listen to your RPM's while you are in a wheelie also, If they are sky rocketing than you are not at the balance point and if they are steady then you are there. Now if they are going down than you better get on the brake a bit or you are going over. I always use a combination of the sound of the engine and the feeling of my weight to tell how high I am.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

so ya i just started today and it is pretty cool but if i am on the road i am afraid that i am goin to loop it if i stay on the throttle

Not trying to preach, but in a sense you answered part of your ? yourself. Dont do it on the road while learning, take it to a lot somewhere. May also want to try more gear, jacket, and some leg protection (if your not wearing under the pants already). Not a gear ****, but i know when i started to be more aggressive where i may very well crash, i geared up a lot. Took my mind off crashing, made it easier to be more aggressive, knowing iwould (probably) not get at banged up.Dont know if that will help or not, but it did for me.

Gotta agree with the TK. I appreciate your efforts to be safe for others by taking it off roads (A LOT), but you should do yourself a favor and get your gear on. I really hate hearing about folks getting banged up/rashed. It's the Christmas season and I know JR Supermoto Jackets are on sale at NewEnough.com. Maybe you know someone who's looking for a gift to give you if you don't have a jacket?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

Just look at your own photos man. You are doing a sit down wheelie in both those pictures. You have a ways to go before you loop. I assume you are clutching in first. Just practice and feel for the balance point. Dont forget about your rear brake though. Always be in the mindset that you ARE GOING TO USE YOUR REAR BRAKE if you go to far.

Listen to your RPM's while you are in a wheelie also, If they are sky rocketing than you are not at the balance point and if they are steady then you are there. Now if they are going down than you better get on the brake a bit or you are going over. I always use a combination of the sound of the engine and the feeling of my weight to tell how high I am.
thanks man that will help alot when i get in a lot or somethin. the reason im in the grass is incase i do wreck becase my new jacket is in the mail lol and thanks for the imput guys that helps alot im sorry im not usin a jacket but when i am on all pavement you'll be sure to see it on
DT how much farther back will i have to go to get to the BP? at what angle about? and am i almost there
thanks again guys for the imput
JonBrown

Old 12-12-2007, 07:40 AM

Looks good man. We need to go do a cruise to Panama City BEach Some time. I got a lot on my plate workin on my car this weekend though.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:16 AM

You are far from BP. Youll feel it when your there. The bike just holds itself up. Also relax, get away from the tank, itll make BP easier to get too.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:27 PM

What does "Loop it" mean?

Quick Reply: First Day clutching it up