Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

endo question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default endo question?

im a newb to endos

b4 i could never get my bike to stop quick enough for the rear tire to come up, after replacing my levers, my brakes grab pretty mean

i took it out the other night when it was wet and i had to come to a hard stop at a stop light and gave it more presure then i needed... it grabbed pretty good and i didnt even notice the rear tire was in thew air until i came to a stop and i felt it hit the ground again... i was like OH ****

now today i tried to do an endo in my neighborhood at a stop sign... i grabbed good amount of brake and this time the front wheel locked up and my bike tried to kick to the side. scared the ish outta me

so how exactly did most of you learn to do endos and was my scare just because of the slick concrete in the neighborhood?

Old 12-13-2006, 11:48 PM
Default RE: endo question?

tap the brakes to set the frontend down and then grab it again while its down,go at a speed yur comfortable with at first
Practice makes perfect
my tire slides at first too,maybe the pavement was wet or your tire was cold, let it warm up and go at it!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:59 PM

i find the best way to roll endos is to bounce on the seat and throw my weight forward right before i grab the breaks. make sure you use quick constant pressure and dont just slam the breaks on. that will cuase your tire to lock up and so will a cold front tire or slick pavement. good break control will help you in those conditions. it is also much easier to do a stoppie at faster speeds. im not saying go out and grab the breaks @ 65mph on your first attempt but if you get going around 30 and then pull the wheel up and set it down you will continue to roll so you dont just fall over when you set it down. get used to how it feels and then learn to roll them to a stop. it also helps to look ahead when rolling them. dont look right infront of the tire or you will loose your sense of bike position. good luck.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Err

def. make sure your heads up.

do what everyone above said.

make sure that tire is warm!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 11:08 PM

well im begining to think something is wrong with my front brake... cuz i couldnt even do a burnout last night, i had to back up to a lil water puddle

my front tire kept rollin and i had all the brake i could grab

Old 12-15-2006, 02:09 AM

ORIGINAL: JVracer04

well im begining to think something is wrong with my front brake... cuz i couldnt even do a burnout last night, i had to back up to a lil water puddle

my front tire kept rollin and i had all the brake i could grab
check your pads and make sure there is no air in your lines. make sure you dont have a busted fork seal leaking oil all over your breaks also.

FYI if you dont give it enough throttle when trying a burnout you wont break the rear loose, you will just push the front tire along. when i do rolling burnouts i have to lean way up on the tank, grab the breaks hard to get all the weight off the rear, gas it and slip it out quick otherwise it wont break loose.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:38 PM

alright so ive been practicing of course... and i get the rear to come up about 18" everytime but how do u guys roll on it?

tap the brake? or just let off a little?

Old 12-18-2006, 01:28 PM

grab enough brake to get the back tire up, then let enough pressure off to let the front tire roll but keep the back wheel up...

Old 01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
stx

what's going on with the clutch during all this ? just pullen it in?

Old 01-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Err

^yes^