Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

1st Wheelie attempt

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Wheelie attempt

well, i've brought up lil' throttle wheelies before, but always had trouble with my clutch ones, could never get it up, well i watched a how to: that somebody posted here, from superbike mag or something and it actually showed me what i was doing wrong, kind of stupid really, i wasn't even hittin the throttle when i let out the clutch before, i just revved it up while slipping and then dumped the clutch but left the throttle in one position. but anyways, went out today and i was going to really get on it while letting the clutch back out, so i was going about 25-mph, slipped,revved,let the clutch out..........oh ****! i was almost going completely sideways! all i did was light up the back tire and went sideways, well after a few weebly wobbles i straightened it out, don't know how but thank god. i know my tire is junk but i didn't know it was that bad. when i had bought my bike it had tires on it that somebody bought from track day, so the outsides of the tires are non-existent. and the middle isn't too much to brag about either. so to you proffesionals out there how important really are good tires for stuntin'?

Old 10-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Default RE: 1st Wheelie attempt

3/4 of stunters put on used junk tires and use them up all day long. i have never had a problem with my tires when they were bald. let out some pressure, i am right around 28-30psi. warm them up good and then you will be good to go. then when you get some money go buy some pilot powers, so you can wheelie in the rain!!! :-) ...make sure your weight is to the back of your seat, drop the psi, warm up the tires. and give her the beans, but not to many beans unless you want to wreck...
peace
Ben

Old 10-01-2006, 11:37 PM

Thanks 4 the info. but ever since then, first gear is scaring me. if i get on it hard it just peels out, and i'm used 2 punching it around corners, like leaving stop signs & stuff, and i forget that i shouldn't...until i start sliding sideways again. but i'm going to try that later. thanks bro

Old 10-10-2006, 10:43 AM

I tried my first wheelie the other day. Finally got the nads to try it! I was skeptical of the first gear cause I know it will come up violently quick, so I twisted first out and then dumped the clutch into second. It nearly peeled me off! It did come up though. I let off the gas and stopped, gathered myself up and tried it one more time. Got it to come up a few inches. What a rush! I have ridden them on dirt bikes before but man this is alot more machine between your legs. Taking the baby steps and hopefully will be able to ride one out soon!

Old 10-10-2006, 04:33 PM

Same here i am very slowly gettting into it and more comfortable, Although i am looking into finding a F4i or something that has been wrecked with basically cosmetic damages so i can buy it slap a cage and bar on it and learn/play so i don't have to **** up my nice RR.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 AM

scoot back on the seat. on a 600 it's about control not just laying into it. give it throttle, chop the throttle, and GET ON the throttle. it'll come up. but it comes up fast. if you want to clutch it, get the rpms up and EASE out somewhat quickly. It's really smooth.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:34 AM

I have gotten a couple of them up but they have been a couple of inches. The other day I tried one and it jumped up quick! Maybe a foot or more and it scared me. LOL. Later I thought I would try one in first, just barely rolling, revved her up and dumped the clutch. That baby jumped sideways and was spinning like a mad man! Talk about drawing up!! Oh well! ractice, Practice!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Err

try standing. i think its easier than sitting.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:13 PM

I have an 06 600rr and I can do wheelies in first no problem. I am learning to balance them but right now I just ride them to about 60 and then set them down. My problem is 2nd gear wheelies. I cannot get it up more than a few inches. I have tried at 40 and at about 60. I rev it all the way up to about 13k and dump the clutch and nothing. Should I keep rolling the throttle back even when I let the clutch out? Anyway, I bought a -1 sprocket that I am going to install as soon as I get it. Hopefully that will let me do 2nd gear wheelies. Does anyone have any experience with this. Oh, I weigh about 205. Does that make a difference?

Old 10-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Err

you'll need more gas in second. a good bit more...

Quick Reply: 1st Wheelie attempt