Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

Memorial day - Washington DC

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial day - Washington DC

We know the stats that come with travel during the memorial weekend. Its always a measure of concern when you're hit with this information but its even more so disconcerting when someone in your circle becomes a statistic.
This Memorial day weekend must be the mother of all motorcycle accident weekends in recent history.. in my relatively short experience ofcourse.

My boy, got into a really bad crash and had to have his right foot amputated. Some guys I know (5 of them) also went down this past Saturday, after hitting a patch of gravel while leaning into a curve.. it was like a ripple effect, one by one they went down like falling dominoes, sustaining injuries ranging from bruised hips to brain swelling.

Be careful out there... there's only so much you can do against drivers who don't see you or share the road, but there's plenty that you can do to minimize your chances for a wreck.

Go back to basic motorcycle safety principles, be vigilant and ride defensively.