Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

its as if i was going to Disneyland...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
So any reports? Accidently ran over the instructor's toe? Set the new track record?

Hope you had fun!
i loved the class... the first day was good the guy in the classroom was SOOOOOO funny! but i kept stalling and one of the other guys told me if i didnt shape up i was going to be dismissed so i was so nervous but i got thru the first day.

i came back the second day and i was very nervous because i knew the pressure was on. so anyways i worked hard and i passed, but i was nervous the whole time.

no i didnt run over anyones toes. haha i got 100% on the final exam and now riding is so much easier on my bike and i love my bike even more now that i am done riding those baby enduros. im planning on going back soon to take the advanced rider course with a buddy i made friends with at the class.

the only downside i can say about the class isnt even about the class. I was the only woman in the class. now that may not seem so bad but the guys kind of forgot their manners around me and most of the time were talking about sex and strip clubs and cheating on their gfs. and only one or two guys ever made an effort to open the door for me. i guess my bf spoils me with his gentlemanly manners.

*note to men* please dont start talking about "banging other bit*hes and staring at naked women in front of another lady, we REALLY dont wanna hear it no matter how much she is "one of the guys"

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well congrats on passing!

The BRC here actually has a fair amount of women in them. When I went there were prolly 6 out of about 20. None had motorycles or plans to buy one. They needed a Class M license for their scooters.

The ERC is actually scarier than the BRC. Cause then you have to do all that crap you rarely do on your own bike Funny thing about the ERC: I was the only guy there with his license. So I was the only one that didn't have to pass. When I pointed out the BRC was easier to pass on the 250s, you could see their brains start working on the idea...

Then their egos quickly silenced the brain

Old 09-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Default Msf

Where can a guy from Arkansas attend one of these courses?

Old 09-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kamikae
Where can a guy from Arkansas attend one of these courses?
http://www.msf-usa.org/

Old 09-16-2010, 01:41 AM

is there a price in socal for the ARC? I know in my state there is and it's a triple digit number when I last checked. Just some random advice but don't be too hasty in taking the advanced class, do it after a month or two when you've got more practice.

Personally I did a track day instead of the ARC, cheaper and did wonders for me. I'm addicted but I can't afford it.