Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Duc CBR F3

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conrice
sweet man, is your countershaft sprocket steel? if so, its gonna rust real bad the more you ride it without the cover on it. i dig the look of it though man. the license plate idea you have is going to be so killer once you get it done.
Yeah it is. I had no idea there was a cover for it. Hm. I'm getting new sprockets and a chain soon enough, only thing is I really don't know what to get. I want to go back to the stock tooth count for sure, but what sprockets do you recommend?

And thanks Jbrandona! I'd argue about my level of skill, I'm just creative and have a good amount of tools and random stuff to make this bike work.

Right now it runs and I could technically start riding it, but it needs a headlight build, taillights wired, side fairings done, speedometer wired, and paint. booya.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:51 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrzilla10
Progress progress progress. I tried to tuck my wires on the side how colorado steve did, but I ended up cutting all of them then moving them and soldering/heatshrinking them. No biggie. I love soldering.

My lovely coolant overflow

I'm a runner, so it works!!

Gotta say her *** is the best part so far. I'm building her face right now so we'll see!!
dude that mid pipe looks so sick from the back

Old 04-08-2011, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
dude that mid pipe looks so sick from the back
Thanks man! Although I think I'm going to go back and get him to put it closer to the swingarm because if I put my toes on the pegs I'm pretty much on top of the pipe. And the pipe is so pretty I wouldn't dare cover it up with wrap.

A lot of progress has been made, I'm just way too lazy to use a camera. Left controls are revamped with new switches and a choke lever delete, headlight is nearly done, and a bunch of little things have come together. I'll try to get pics tomorrow because after work I'm going to work on it a lot because it's supposed to be 75+ degrees!

Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 AM

I'm jealous. Can't wait to see it finished. Looks awesome

Old 04-09-2011, 12:45 PM

More pics!!!!!
The bike looks SICK bro!!
Good job!

Old 04-10-2011, 09:35 PM

Couple pics.

Name:  P3280307.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  39.4 KB

'battery box'
Name:  P3210303.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  54.7 KB

Next to the battery is going to be a strobe relay for the brake light. When I hit the brakes it flashes rapidly for like a second then just stays on. I like it a lot! Seems like it could drivers notice when I brake and I don't think cops really have any gripe.

This is what I got:
YouTube - FL2S-10A Brake Light Strobe Module

Old 04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

nice!

Old 04-12-2011, 09:57 PM

I 'tuned' it today. Or in other words, I took resonators out of the exhaust one by one until it ran right. I guess I put too big of jets in, because the exhaust is completely GUTTED! Other than the cats that is. Sounds like an animal. But still an I4 so it whines a little.

Old 04-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hey man, sorry i didn't respond to your q bout sprockets.

stock it came with 15t front and 43t rear on a 525 pitch (chain size). if it were me, you can go with that gearing, but i'd go with a 520 pitch chain because - a) lighter and it'll make your bike a touch quicker, b) cheaper. it'll still last 10-15k miles. i like vortex sprockets and DID chains. they seem to hold up really well on mine. thats what i also had on my f3

i bet that exhaust does sound like a beast, nothing wrong taking all the baffles out and throwing big jets in there. you'll still get 30+ mpg and it'll be fun as hell to ride. did you adjust the pilot screws (underneath on the bottom side of the carbs)? you can adjust some of your fuel mixture there if you feel like you're running too rich. pull a plug and take a look see after a lil while of running to make sure.

o- and let me know how that battery works out for you. i want to go with a smaller/lighter one and your's looks like the ticket.

Last edited by Conrice; 04-13-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
hey man, sorry i didn't respond to your q bout sprockets.

stock it came with 15t front and 43t rear on a 525 pitch (chain size). if it were me, you can go with that gearing, but i'd go with a 520 pitch chain because - a) lighter and it'll make your bike a touch quicker, b) cheaper. it'll still last 10-15k miles. i like vortex sprockets and DID chains. they seem to hold up really well on mine. thats what i also had on my f3

i bet that exhaust does sound like a beast, nothing wrong taking all the baffles out and throwing big jets in there. you'll still get 30+ mpg and it'll be fun as hell to ride. did you adjust the pilot screws (underneath on the bottom side of the carbs)? you can adjust some of your fuel mixture there if you feel like you're running too rich. pull a plug and take a look see after a lil while of running to make sure.

o- and let me know how that battery works out for you. i want to go with a smaller/lighter one and your's looks like the ticket.

So far the battery works great. But we'll see how it stands the test of time. Supposedly the only drawback is weather under 40 degrees F. I'd look into the Ballistic EVO 4 cell battery. It's about half the size of the one I have, $60 bucks cheaper, and the specs are about the same. I have one of those too, but it's a backup, persay.

and thanks for the sprocket/chain info. I'll definitely be getting to that soon. Fairings and tank are in the paint shop now getting painted White Pearl....Excite!!