CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Fighters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/)
-   -   Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/conrices-954-fighter-build-thread-127508/)

RBK 04-24-2013 02:10 PM

I really love that rear wheel, nothing like that could fit on mine without a lot of modifications, if it were even possible; but for my next bike YES!

modified4speed 06-21-2013 01:56 AM

Thanks for posting all of this for us man. I will be doing a random idea build shortly and its people like you and builds like this doing what most call impossible. I'm glad to see there are other people out here that have an imagination...

===== Some need a muse while other just need art =====

Conrice 06-21-2013 08:09 AM

thanks man, right now, i need a garage! check back in a few months, bike should be done real quick once i figure out where i'm moving to. i've been moved out of my house for 3 weeks now (thankgod we've finally closed), i've got at least another month til i get settled into a new house somewhere in north carolina. but i've got a plan now to get it done.

going to run 1000rr airbox (custom duct work), 1000rr ecu, PC V, with completely custom built gas tank by me. this way i can use dual injection on the bigger TBs, the 1000rr airbox could fit, and the 1krr gauges are just so damn pretty

basically, one thing that's kind of pissed me off from the beginning is that the 954 tank does NOT line up with the frame. that's all well and fine for the faired bike, but on a naked, it just doesn't quite look right. i have to use the 1000rr fuel pump - which doesn't fit the 954 tank, and the 1000rr airbox won't fit under the 954 tank either.

so i figure i'll build a bottom that fits the frame and around the airbox out of either 16 ga or 18 ga steel. then i'll build the top part out of either 18ga or 20ga depending on how much i decide to go for weight savings. i'll tack weld the whole thing together and then take it to a welding shop that can guarantee an air tight weld.

building a custom tank will also make it easier to french in the gauges i plan on doing. AND i can make it slightly bigger to hold more fuel too!

and even though i understand the concepts - i'm not an engineer - so designing an intake plenum that's better than honda's will be probably too hard. and being able to use the 1000rr ECU with PC V will be much more simple than the microsquirt. (i'll save it for my next bike)

davethegoat 08-29-2013 10:50 AM

What's up, man. I joined this site to ask you if there has been any updates to your 954 build. I have a 929 and want to do at least the dirtbike bars on it. I would love to do the SSSA but funds are non existant right now. Do you have any more pics? Also, what are you doing with your old top yoke with the FI risers? Would they fit a 929? Would you sell them?

Conrice 08-30-2013 08:44 AM

Hey man, unfortunately, I don't have much to update. My bike fund has recently dried up. I moved to NC from FL a few months ago - so my bike is literally a pile of parts at the moment stacked in the corner of my new shop.

I sold my top triple with the FI risers - but a 954 tree does fit a 929 just to answer your question. If I still had it, I would hook you up with it.

davethegoat 08-30-2013 05:57 PM

Ok thanks.

Good on you for geting out of this wicked state I call home. I've lived here in FL my entire life. Currently in St Pete Uhggggg. NC has got to be better than this. I've been up in the deals gap area and it is awesome for driving and riding. Also, whitewater rafting is tits. Hope you get your 54 back together soon. Peace.

David

msebastianCBR 08-31-2013 10:46 PM

Conrice - Can I ask how much the machining cost was to go 1mm over because I am pretty sure that is what I will need to do. I had the same type of scarring on my piston walls and the previous owner said it had a ticking sound and I checked the valves and they checked out good. Did you have any work done to the crank or rods or have anything decked when you did the rebuild.

I am 100% positive the bike was abused and needs to have the same type of engine rebuild done. I am trying to bring the bike back to life and treat her the way she should be treated. And she only has 10,000 miles on her which is what kills me about the bike, but also why I took such a risk when I purchased it.

02-F4i-SuperKax3 09-01-2013 07:21 AM

Great job nice look

Conrice 09-01-2013 09:14 AM

Millennium Technologies LLC: Cylinder Plating and Repair Services, Head Repair, Head Porting and Big Bore Kits

Sebastion, that's who I used. I had it done quite a long time ago now, but if I remember correctly, it was around $670. It sucks we have these big top cases as opposed to jugs or something like that. I also talked and looked at doing it through USChrome. It was basically the same price though and it seemed that Millennium specialized in machining cases.

But as you can see from the pics - they did a great job. They acid dipped the entire thing, the hone and hatch job was perfect. Also, I sent the pistons with it. They matched the cyl wall gap for the pistons so that it was a perfect spec. They knew exactly what I was going for, they knew exactly the way to do.

msebastianCBR 09-01-2013 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice (Post 1248561)
Millennium Technologies LLC: Cylinder Plating and Repair Services, Head Repair, Head Porting and Big Bore Kits

Sebastion, that's who I used. I had it done quite a long time ago now, but if I remember correctly, it was around $670. It sucks we have these big top cases as opposed to jugs or something like that. I also talked and looked at doing it through USChrome. It was basically the same price though and it seemed that Millennium specialized in machining cases.

But as you can see from the pics - they did a great job. They acid dipped the entire thing, the hone and hatch job was perfect. Also, I sent the pistons with it. They matched the cyl wall gap for the pistons so that it was a perfect spec. They knew exactly what I was going for, they knew exactly the way to do.

Thanks I will give them a call tomorrow.