CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Fighters (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/)
-   -   Conrice's 954 FIGHTER build thread (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-fighters-105/conrices-954-fighter-build-thread-127508/)

trippmann 10-22-2012 11:43 PM

sweet build btw

Conrice 10-23-2012 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by trippmann (Post 1199149)
natty ice?! come on, get some real beer!

ya, i know....

i had to slum it, the store was all out of KEYSTONE

hahahaha, no, but i like cheap beer, especially when working on stuff. i'm one of those quantity over quality guys i guess.... j/k

i got the oil strainer, the oil pressure relief valve, and the the oil pan on today. water pump and water return are on. sensors are all on. all that's left is the clutch and the water pump. i need to order an o-ring for the pump (i lost it) and i'm waiting on that until i can turn the oil pump by a drill to get it oil into all the galleys before i start it.

brickaries 12-04-2012 04:10 PM

Super Sick Single Sided Swing Arm Batman!!!!

Great thread Conrice! Love seeing people really go the extra mile to make the bike their own.

Conrice 12-04-2012 06:26 PM

thanks brickaries!\

as far as the motor - i mentioned it in the rotm thread. it runs. i finished everything, pre-primed the oil galleys, then rigged up the 954 TBs with a 954 ecu and wiring harness i had lying around. it runs. i only ran it for a second - because i didn't really have gas (didn't have a clean enough pump or gas tank), nor did i have the radiator hooked up. so now that's done.

i've also picked up an o/a rig. i've been working on my gas brazing skills and welding skills. i've been practicing on pieces of steel and that extra gas tank i have. i blew a few holes in it at first, but now i'm getting to where i can fill 'em up and leave a pretty nice bead too. (tip angles - not tip distance is what i'm seeing so far)` once i get confident enough - i'll be doing the real tank i'm using. (lucky for me it only has one big dent in it).

Conrice 12-04-2012 09:34 PM

o, and the wife broke the family camera (which is what i was using to take pictures with) . so i do have pictures of putting the clutch and basket in - and i will write that up. (i'd eventually like to write up a 954 motor re-build in the how to section). but i don't have those pics right now. once the camera gets figured out, hopefully i can retrieve 'em and get them up.

jasonchristopher 12-06-2012 09:25 PM

the last pics didn't comethrough

Conrice 12-07-2012 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jasonchristopher (Post 1205621)
the last pics didn't comethrough

damn, sorry about that. i'll attach them. it's better this way so they don't make the entire thread hard to read. thanks for letting me know. these are some teaser pics of my top tree that diamondback designs is machining for me. it still needs a little work, before it's ready to go on the bike. pinch bolts still need to be added and a lil material needs to come off the bottom underneath by the stem, but other than that, it's BEAUTIFUL. i tell you, i have the motor sitting in the garage and all the other parts *almost* ready - but mike (from dbackdesigns.com) sending me those pictures really got me excited about my bike again!

Ahks 12-08-2012 08:43 AM

I just submitted a message on their site... I need a front axle spacer for my triumph project :)

raylee 12-20-2012 01:55 PM

One day I'll get to this level. This project is looking SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

mika_u 01-06-2013 07:23 PM

Nice build! Building myself a 980 kit at moment for my 954. My piston skirts and cylinder platings looked very similar to what yours looked and seen lot of photos that look the same. I noticed that you did cams allso. My cams are going to local shop who will grind the cams and we are trying to get about same specs as your webcams have. Happen to have any measurements of the cam lobes that i could calculate how much the base circle have been reduced or how much thicker shims did you use whit the cams? I noticed that you have oem cam gears. Don't they suggest to use adjustable ones to get the timing right? Do you have any real reason to put 1000RR throttle bodies in? I was planning to do the same thing but i was told that 954 throttle bodies should be enough. Could use some help or opinnions :) Are you trying to get more power out of the engine or just doing for the fun of doing it? You should consider some quality exhaust if you want more power.