Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Why is personal riding video so scarce here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I just got in touch with the brother of a friend of mine who is a lawyer. His words: "Why would you videotape yourself doing something illegal and then post it on the internet?" He had little good to say about it and just stopped short of calling me an idiot.

Time to remove some videos. I'll post some tamer stuff.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Timr
Actually, I just got in touch with the brother of a friend of mine who is a lawyer. His words: "Why would you videotape yourself doing something illegal and then post it on the internet?" He had little good to say about it and just stopped short of calling me an idiot.

Time to remove some videos. I'll post some tamer stuff.
Ya, you do realize that chainstretcher is required by law to report any illegal activities revealed on this site, forwarding any evidence to the proper authorities? And our jobs as moderators is to hold you down while the admins spank you till the cops arrive?

Yes, I'm joking But the lawyer is correct. By posting a video of yourself doing... say 160 mph through a school zone, you gave up your 5th amendment right not to incriminate yourself.

But the reality is unless you do something extraordinarily stupid, like kill someone and flee the scene (or continually **** off the cops by running from them), nobody will really bother looking for the vids... till they catch you doing something extraordinarily stupid

Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Ya, you do realize that chainstretcher is required by law to report any illegal activities revealed on this site, forwarding any evidence to the proper authorities? And our jobs as moderators is to hold you down while the admins spank you till the cops arrive?

Yes, I'm joking But the lawyer is correct. By posting a video of yourself doing... say 160 mph through a school zone, you gave up your 5th amendment right not to incriminate yourself.

But the reality is unless you do something extraordinarily stupid, like kill someone and flee the scene (or continually **** off the cops by running from them), nobody will really bother looking for the vids... till they catch you doing something extraordinarily stupid
The lawyer said it is highly unlikely that the videos would ever be used against me. It is just not worth the risk and every video posted online is evidentiary. While I don't personally think any of my videos show reckless behavior in the extreme, the law might think otherwise.

No biggie. All I have to do is avoid showing the speedo and be more selective about what I post. It's not like I was showing off. Nothing I did was going to impress anybody here. I just like the to show the nice roads and scenery.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:51 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I just haven't recorded anything interesting lately. I've done barely any riding this season. The last thing I recorded was some drag strip action, and I was doing really horribly all day, so there's nothing interesting to watch.

Hopefully soon the weather will clear up and some more interesting videos will turn up. We have a stunt lot day planned this Sunday, so might get some stuff from there.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
I just haven't recorded anything interesting lately. I've done barely any riding this season. The last thing I recorded was some drag strip action, and I was doing really horribly all day, so there's nothing interesting to watch.

Hopefully soon the weather will clear up and some more interesting videos will turn up. We have a stunt lot day planned this Sunday, so might get some stuff from there.
Can't wait to see 'em. When I'm not riding, I watch videos of riding. A little OCD maybe.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:14 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I wouldn't be doing anything ilegal except for the time when signal is not being yum-friendly. But I think I will be shameful of my riding skills..

Old 05-23-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
I wouldn't be doing anything ilegal except for the time when signal is not being yum-friendly. But I think I will be shameful of my riding skills..
Was at a left-signal-only turn last weekend out in the middle of nowhere that wouldn't change. I sat through three cycles and nothing. I have no video of me violating that signal so it's their word against mine.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM

Once i get a camera ill post some videos up...

But i got to say... 85 % of my riding is commute... So you'll Rarely get something about of me... unless y'all wanna see my Extreme Lane splitting Skills hahaha

Old 05-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dfbewley2
Once i get a camera ill post some videos up...

But i got to say... 85 % of my riding is commute... So you'll Rarely get something about of me... unless y'all wanna see my Extreme Lane splitting Skills hahaha
You live in the San Francisco area. I'm sure the members would love to see what it has to offer. Perhaps you might film the 15% that is not commuting.

Quick Reply: Why is personal riding video so scarce here?