Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

When you come in hot...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm betting (to use a term from TotW II) the SRs kicked in. He panicked, froze and then target fixated. Looking at the vid, you can see he had the turn prolly up till he noticed the truck.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it almost looks like he rode through something just after lean-in, like dirt or liquid. wonder if he slipped a tire and felt like he had to straighten up to save it. By that point he was already in the other lane.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who knows why that happened. A moment's inattention, unfamiliar with the bike, gunk on the road. Whatever the cause he appears to be drifting out of his lane before there is any sign of oncoming traffic. It also looks like he decided to ditch it on the far side of the truck. Unfortunately the driver tried to swerve out of his way. Had the driver held his line the bike might have missed him. Can't blame the driver though. It isn't like he had several seconds to evaluate the situation and make a plan.

Quick way to go - for the rider. But the driver will probably have nightmares for a long time.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn!!!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didnt look like target fixation to me, more like guy didnt know the road and was going in way to hot, and had way more lean if he could use it.

I need to work on my leaning into turns, ive actually resorted to looking at the center line or foliage below almost below me to prevent target fixation, not ahead.... dam white and yellow lines are distracting, when you feel your to hot. < this is why track is way safer, important and a better idea, you can generally actually see through a turn rather than it being blind, and maybe 1/2 a second.

also getting more comfortable with the street sign, tree, pole, oncoming car on the inside of a corner not taking my head off.( i have mental track/rally notes of roads i do this on, and prescout for debris)

Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

thats why i slow down if i dont know whats going on past my point of view. this is the only way i know for sure im coming out of any situation that happens beyond the turn alive. i bought the bike for fun not for dying. fell sorry mostly for this dudes family, they are the once that will have to suffer, as for him, it looked like it was very quick and painless, at least that was better way to go. (no pain) wish he could of made it to the other side of that truck. thats wat it looked like he was trying to do. \
he should just counter steer and leaned the bike completely other way instead of just straighting it. maybe he didnt have enough time or maybe he just froze.
well its always sad to see other human leave this world as we have no idea what we want to say without being disrespectful.

rest in piece, whoever you were man.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:26 AM

Very sad, as it was preventable. Good skills through education and practice would have drastically altered that video. We would simply be watching a rider following another and then stopping for lunch or something.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by randyjoy
We would simply be watching a rider following another and then stopping for lunch or something.
I would much prefer to have watched that

Old 03-08-2011, 02:05 PM

very unfortunate that happened. I've learned to not fixate on anything else. it's really hard to focus at times though. i can say that i have veered over before,luckily there was not on-coming traffic, but experience has taught me what to do now.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
stx

thats sad....RIP bud

take your need for speed to the track