Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

When you come in hot...

Old 03-04-2011, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When you come in hot...

remember, look more into the turn. not at the semi. if your not already scraping a peg you can make it. With the up coming season maybe this will inspire you to wok on your skills, read about turning, take a class whatever it may be. I felt like a completely new rider after twist of the wist II, be safe out there guys because in a blink of an eye...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5yO...eature=related

if you have seen it... watch it again.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:17 AM

Target fixation at it's worst :/

Did he make it?

Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 AM

TOTW II is one of the best resources for beginning/intermediate sportbike riders.

I encourage EVERYONE with a motorcycle to read Code's book. Get out to the track too if you're going to be riding the backraods. It will give you both real confidence in your ability (not just a false sense) and confidence in your motorcycle. It will also help you to know your limitations on braking and corner entry, exit and through speed.

DO IT!

Old 03-04-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
TOTW II is one of the best resources for beginning/intermediate sportbike riders.

I encourage EVERYONE with a motorcycle to read Code's book. Get out to the track too if you're going to be riding the backraods. It will give you both real confidence in your ability (not just a false sense) and confidence in your motorcycle. It will also help you to know your limitations on braking and corner entry, exit and through speed.

DO IT!
+1million

TotW2 tripled my abilities and just 1 track day made me 10x's better, literally. So much to the point where I can't even go my version of fast on the street anymore without getting the horrible feeling that its just plain stupid on the street lol. What I used to think was fast is a joke now.

Pause the video at 7 seconds. hes leaning away from the turn. Huge no no. Lean INto the turn not away from it. However, using body positioning on the street will make you a lot faster so just be careful. Just because you CAN do 120mph around the bend, doesn't mean you should.

That and he probably fixed on the truck, which I'll be honest, I never notice happen to me. I think I am blessed with amazing peripheral vision. I purposely fixate on targets and use peripheral vision to ride around them. Its good practice on an open road at a reasonable speed.

Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 AM

Holy hell. That guy just veered right for it. He abandoned his turn.

All that fancy rear rubber and no idea how to use it. Darwin.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:08 PM

cant be sure but from the video he was doing about 60... head on into a truck.. outlook is bleak

Old 03-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The white sheet in the 50s range leads me to think he didn't make it.

It's hard for riders to believe there's more lean left in the bike. I have to forcibly remind myself sometimes that I can lean more. The way I do it is to think this:

"Better lowside than head on"

Old 03-05-2011, 04:31 PM

he wasn't even hard leaned into it in the first place. The guy just had no idea how to ride.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:08 PM

that wasn't even a sharp turn. looked like he froze. i hope he is okay......

Old 03-05-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
"Better lowside than head on"
+1

Search this Thread