Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Video of my wheelies.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Video of my wheelies.

I'm glad most of you realize that it is better to use the clutch to pull a wheelie than power it up. There was some ridiculous logic flying around! lol

ORIGINAL: e3gordon

ORIGINAL: DThompson

ORIGINAL: e3gordon

learn how to clutch it up. All those power wheelies are bad for the trans, chain and sprokets. be careful
Clutching it is like putting a car in nuetral-mashing the gas- and jamming it in drive.
Power wheelies is just mashing the gas.
Hey, engaging an automatic from nuetral is a lil different than using the clutch. I think a nuetral slam is quite different. Your slamming the gears together all at once compared to disengaging the drivetrain and re-engaging via the clutch: plates/springs.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=icon_blah.gif] well next time i go ridin i will think hey turbo is the best without him i would not wear my helmet and die. thx man. i bet he has seen or read many things showin u should wear ur helmet and what not but thats not what his post was askin for he was SHOWIN us his wheelies, not sayin hey do u think this is dangerous without my helmet?? sry to mess up ur thread 2000cbrf4.

Old 08-28-2006, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8r20
[sm=icon_blah.gif] well next time i go ridin i will think hey turbo is the best without him i would not wear my helmet and die. thx man. i bet he has seen or read many things showin u should wear ur helmet and what not but thats not what his post was askin for he was SHOWIN us his wheelies, not sayin hey do u think this is dangerous without my helmet?? sry to mess up ur thread 2000cbrf4.
As long as you know im the best

Old 08-29-2006, 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Turboedsupe

ORIGINAL: sk8r20
As long as you know im the best
[sm=loser.gif]

Old 08-29-2006, 02:56 AM

Haha power wheelies are for homos dthompson i bet you cant even hit the bp doing them like that.
Man without you wearing a helmet and taking the foot off the rear brake you are asking to die. Some dude right by here looped out a slow 2nd gear wheelie no helmet and his brains were leaking all over all it takes is one smack on the pavement to end your life

Its easy to get to the balance point, Hit the gas a little more. I think its funny that you think I wouldnt be able to hit BP although it is easy as hell to flip a bike backwards.
Here I will teach you. Im pretty sure you have the same gearing as I do.
Put it in second.
Put left foot on rear peg and stand up
Get some RPM's going
Pull throttle hard
Let go of throttle
Bounce on bars to preload shocks
Pull throttle hard again to raise the tire up.
Keep holding throttle to get close to BP
Balance your weight so that you are in the Balance Point (Its not Hard,Believe me)

I swear, you guys, Always thinkin that there is only one way to the same goal. I got some news fellas. Its pretty easy when you practice.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:08 AM

Wheelies scare me, they make me pee.

Old 08-29-2006, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Wheelies scare me, they make me pee.

[sm=roll.gif]

Old 08-31-2006, 04:42 PM

the rear brake is used for slower wheelies.

when you're going 40mph in first gear doing a wheelie, a simple chop of the throttle will throw you down pretty quick. all that engine braking is all you need.

there's no need to cover the rear unless you're going slow at low rpm.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Fastf4i
the rear brake is used for slower wheelies.

when you're going 40mph in first gear doing a wheelie, a simple chop of the throttle will throw you down pretty quick. all that engine braking is all you need.

there's no need to cover the rear unless you're going slow at low rpm.
Even if your in first gear at high rpms and hit the throttle to hard the engine brake wont keep you from going over especially if your leaning back. Ever seen a fast 12 scrape you think they all have the clutch pulled in?

Old 09-01-2006, 09:48 AM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

Haha power wheelies are for homos dthompson i bet you cant even hit the bp doing them like that.
Man without you wearing a helmet and taking the foot off the rear brake you are asking to die. Some dude right by here looped out a slow 2nd gear wheelie no helmet and his brains were leaking all over all it takes is one smack on the pavement to end your life

Its easy to get to the balance point, Hit the gas a little more. I think its funny that you think I wouldnt be able to hit BP although it is easy as hell to flip a bike backwards.
Here I will teach you. Im pretty sure you have the same gearing as I do.
Put it in second.
Put left foot on rear peg and stand up
Get some RPM's going
Pull throttle hard
Let go of throttle
Bounce on bars to preload shocks
Pull throttle hard again to raise the tire up.
Keep holding throttle to get close to BP
Balance your weight so that you are in the Balance Point (Its not Hard,Believe me)

I swear, you guys, Always thinkin that there is only one way to the same goal. I got some news fellas. Its pretty easy when you practice.

Hey DT don't forget to add that by the time you actually get the bike to bp you already going 70 or so. I used to do it that way and now I have goten smarter and starting doing it the right way......USING THE CLUTCH Instead of jumping on the bars, pulling back, and chopping the throttle heres a better solution........slip the clutch and there you go. No bouncing pushing or anything stupid like that just one finger and the bike does the rest of the work. You can sit here and argue all day, but you are wrong. Go out in 2nd gear at 15-20 mph and tell me how easy it is to power it right up to bp without rolling up to 40+. Thats right 20 mph not 40, I can clutch 2nd gear at 20 all day long without any problems. I have put about 6000 miles of clutching wheelies on my bike and my clutch is just as strong as the day I bought the bike, twistatech has almost 20000 miles on his bike and he clutches the **** outta that thing and its still holding up. But if $85 is gonna break you to replace a clutch I guess that you shouldn't be doing this **** in the first place.

Peace Out

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: Video of my wheelies.