Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Video of my wheelies.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Video of my wheelies.

That was the first time I had done wheelies without one. I know it takes only once, but it isn't going to happen again. Second of all, Turn your volume up. About 25% of the wheelies are clutched. No problem clutching, just prefer power ups. Some people say they are less predictable. I can post a un-edited version without ever turning the camera off, and those are every one I pulled up. Predictable? I would say so. By the way, power ups are easier than clutching on drivetrain. Not a lot, but a lil. Especially the clutch plates.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:52 PM

Lol. Yes I did about eat ****! What happened was a small area with maybe 15 little rocks was under my tire when I popped the clutch. Listen and you can tell that was a clutch up. My back tire barely skidded a lil to the sided and threw the weight off a lil when it came up. But I did power out of it and get it perfectly straight before setting it back down.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: e3gordon

ORIGINAL: DThompson

learn how to clutch it up. All those power wheelies are bad for the trans, chain and sprokets. be careful
Clutching it is like putting a car in nuetral-mashing the gas- and jamming it in drive.
Power wheelies is just mashing the gas.
Hey, engaging an automatic from nuetral is a lil different than using the clutch. I think a nuetral slam is quite different. Your slamming the gears together all at once compared to disengaging the drivetrain and re-engaging via the clutch: plates/springs.
Still your doing the the same thing, You are stopping the tranny from moving and building up energy with revving the engine up and than you are popping the clutch.
I think of it as the same way as popping the clutch in a car as dropping it into gear with an automatic. It isnt as hard on the car if you just mash the gas and spin the tires than if you build up energy and let it rip. I have busted U-joints popping the clutch opposed to just nailing it.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:17 AM

Great job so far.
Some things...
Without a foot to cover the rear brake during practice is baaaad news. ESPECIALLY without a helmet. NOT wise. Wait a month or so at least to do that. BTW you won't be able to ride them w/o the rear brake so you might as well not practice that way.

Wear a helmet and jacket and gloves ANYTIME you think youre going to be on one wheel. New skin is expensive at the hospital.

Do some stand ups. You won't ever want to go back. Even 1st gear stand ups.

my 2c.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:37 AM

LOL!!!! ok, when you slip a clutch, your doing what its DESIGNED to do! just at lower rpms. and when you put a car into drive there is no buffer between the engine and the tranny like on a bike!!!!! so slaming a car into drive you are conecting the the engine to the tranny witch is gears. and what happens when you jam gears together when they are spinning at different speeds??? I will let you figure it out on your own! oh and when you pull the clutch in when you are moving, it dosnt STOP the tranny from moving it just disconnects it from the engine! so, clutching a bike you are not all slaming gears together! the clutch slips ALOT when you do a wheelie! so, if you wanna know what not having a clutch (like a car) try reving up your bike in nutral and slaming it in first and see what happends!!!!!!! [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 08-24-2006, 01:09 AM

haha, yeah and clutch more, it's a lot better for the clutch/tranny.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

learn how to clutch it up. All those power wheelies are bad for the trans, chain and sprokets. be careful
Clutching it is like putting a car in nuetral-mashing the gas- and jamming it in drive.
ya thats totally wrong, no extreme harm in clutchin em up, i definently agree with spdrmns on this.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:59 AM

ok my bad with the auto tranny thing but still you are winding the engine up faster than the tranny is going and smackin it back together to make the tranny move the same speed as the engine is. Thats why you get the sudden thrust. Same thing as popping the clutch in a car except there is a drive shaft instead of a chain. If you just press the gas hard than everything is still moving at the same speed all at once but it is picking up speed at a high rate. But clutching it you are making the engine move faster than the tranny. That is why the engine revs up higher but you gain no more speed until you release the clutch.
When you pull in the clutch and hit the gas you are building up kinetic energy. Than when you release the clutch you are transferring that energy to something with less kinetic energy. Forcing it to match its speed.

I dont see why people dont understand this concept. Its not hard to grasp.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:25 PM

you just stated the obvious! the argument was that a AUTOMATIC (not a manual) is defferent from a bike! you said it your self that they are very much a like! witch i disproved in my last post! i think everyone in this thread understands the concept here! once again, when you rev up the engine and slam into drive, there is no buffer like on a bike (clutch) a clutch on a bike is desinged to transfer kinetic energy! (once again) i think you are the one not understanding the concept here, and we are trying to make you understand it!

Old 08-24-2006, 04:47 PM

HAHA, no the argument was clutching a bike up and powering it up.

I dont care anymore. I think your stupid and you think im stupid. I know what im talkin about.

Quick Reply: Video of my wheelies.