Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Video editing software.... free?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video editing software.... free?

Any good video editing software out there?

Prefer free, but I don't mind spending a lil money.

This isn't for anything professional just editing my GoPro and ah... home footage

Old 10-27-2011, 05:51 PM

Hopefully someone can anwser this. I would like this as well. Just waiting till black Friday to buy my gopro

Old 10-27-2011, 05:53 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Mac or PC?

iMovie for Mac is very handy for basic stuff.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Windows live movie maker is really good and comes on most systems. I think you can get a free download as well. You can also use CNET and look up editing programs that are free. Thats how i found Windows live movie maker.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:10 PM

virtualdub is a free editing tool.
probably not what you want though. if you're looking for fancy transitions etc. then
windows movie maker is free (although crappy).

payware to look at would be adobe premiere or sony vegas.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used Blaze media to flip my &$8 spy cameras video, It worked alright and was free but not sure how in depth the editting is?

Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Wax is awesome and fairly easy to use. Beginner or very advanced people can use it. Has a "standalone mode" for easier use, FREE.

Windows Movie maker is by far the most basic and easiest to use, but it is crappy once you use a better program. If you start from scratch with WMM and never use anything else, you won't notice, FREE.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:28 AM

Nate.. I talked to a chick I know who does some video editing. She says a good program (not free) but for a little bit of money is Corel Video Studio Pro X4($60). She says it is still considered from basic/home use but can be used professionally. Next is the Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11($75) and you can get the Platinum 10($39). She says it is a little more in-depth than Corel the best mid-level one out there. She then said if you want to spend a little more money($99) is Adobe Premiere Elements. She personally prefers the Adobe but she said it is kind of more advanced and pretty in-depth with the "Adobe" interface but can be used by beginners. I told her about your situation, no she doesn't want to let me put pictures up of her, she is not interested in the NDFC, BUT, she would recommend the Corel Studio X4 for what you are going to be doing.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Nate.. I talked to a chick I know who does some video editing. She says a good program (not free) but for a little bit of money is Corel Video Studio Pro X4($60). She says it is still considered from basic/home use but can be used professionally. Next is the Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11($75) and you can get the Platinum 10($39). She says it is a little more in-depth than Corel the best mid-level one out there. She then said if you want to spend a little more money($99) is Adobe Premiere Elements. She personally prefers the Adobe but she said it is kind of more advanced and pretty in-depth with the "Adobe" interface but can be used by beginners. I told her about your situation, no she doesn't want to let me put pictures up of her, she is not interested in the NDFC, BUT, she would recommend the Corel Studio X4 for what you are going to be doing.
I never gave you your props for this post by the way.

Need to edit this video think i'm gonna give the X4 a shot!

Old 11-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on a PC ..... this one

Quick Reply: Video editing software.... free?