Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Top Gear: Ford Fiesta

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Top Gear: Ford Fiesta

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I do feel unsafe on my bike at times. I guess the reason that does not bother me so much is because of how much more agile it is. If i get in a bad spot on the bike, i feel i can get out of it, where even a small car, not so much.

Have you ever driven a really fast small car?? ..a previous partner had the aforementioned Fiesta RS for a time and I used to beg him to let me drive it when we went out, it was so utterly responsive even in high gears and low revs, if you downchanged it would pull you out of so many sticky situations and was as agile as agile gets ... my God it was a fun machine :-)

Jules

Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Gear: Ford Fiesta

A couple of years ago i took this course in Chicago, it was for a shop i was working at. It was all about testing tires, and showing what they can do and handle, different tread patterns and compounds. Anyhow we were at a track and they had a couple of souped up Mini Coopers there. We would take them out and run them as hard as we could around the course, compare times, and how the different tires compared etc. Little cars like that are fun and very nimble, but they are not in the same league as a bike. Just for a 2nd comparison, my Camaro can actually out corner my bike damn near, its setup to handle it, plus it pulls as hard as my bike. So while little cars are amusing, i will stick to my big, high horsepower machine. This is not a knock on them though, dont want you to think that, just giving my perspective and opinion.