Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year

[:'(]

Old 03-28-2006, 10:55 PM

wow....makes you want to contemplate riding again

Old 03-28-2006, 11:26 PM

we know the risk, but are you willing to take it every time you thum the starter

Old 03-28-2006, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: otisbrown

I think i am gonna be sick... [sm=smiley19.gif] be safe all.
WOW!!!! Creepy, creepy, creepy!!! May we all ride with guardian angels.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:42 AM

be safe out there

crazy site

Old 03-29-2006, 07:22 AM

Damn thats 1 scarey site dudes dont look for too long it will put you all off riding !!!!!

Old 03-29-2006, 07:48 AM
Muz

Some of those pics made me feel sick, I was about to go for a blast but I might leave her parked for the night

Old 03-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C'mon dudes -- don't fret over that crap. Get on your bike and ride. Dude likes twisting the numbers to make it out to be more dangerous than it is. You can take statistics and make going to the bathroom a deadly event (got Elvis didn't it?). I've witnessed a dude in a car get flipped and have his entire head separate from his body. It's a very sad thing but it didn't stop me from riding in cars.

Bikes got two wheels and are smaller than practically everything else so ya, they're more dangerous. So go out there and ride safe and be aware of your surroundings. And remember -- statistically you're more likely to die from a doctors ineptness than you will from a motorcycle (or car) crash -- so don't ever see another doctor. The peeps this dude showed are indeed messed up, but the peeps that the doctors kill are just as dead.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:08 AM

well sad to see some/most of these are real - even sadier for the ones that are paraylzed, i would just rather get it over with then be paraylzed neck down (which is most likely) - but you never know unless your in that situation =/.. Ok I do believe the last one with the guy all dis-figured is fake, he does have one boot and one shoe right near him - also you think if that was a leather jacket, it would at least be partially on him still.. i dropped at 75mphs and all i got where holes in my pants (big ones, but nothing that would rip me naked) you will know what i mean from the pic i uploaded from that website.. Well even with leathers or protection, you will might break bones still or get some nice scars - but people surf all the time in cali and some loose their legs or hands from sharks, but they know that risk and are willing to take it for the joy of the sport.. Same with motorcycles, we all know the risk - but you might want to take every precaution you can, it might take you some skin - and believe me, it gets old telling people how stupid you were when you dropped your bike.

just stay safe guys, and we hope not to see anymore on that website =/

(just another addition to fakies.. our high-school always have a drunk driver day for kids, they never tell us what day - but they will surpisingly take two of the semi- popular students, let them have the day off really (go home intill the show is over) and then set up this stage infront of our school, ON THE STREET.. they buy two wrecked vehicles and put them together and then get some kid actors with blood and what not.. and then the prinipcal pulls the alarm and we run out for a "fake drill" and then the fire man and everyone tell us to stand back, putting on a performance for us. they get the helicopter to come in (it's vegas, I"M SERIOUS) and pick up one of the bodies.. even tho the hopistal is like 2 minutes from the highschool i went to haha, but i'm just saying - those could be fakies because i seen some good acting before)

I just wish all those were fakes so i know those people were actually ok, but oh well =/.. safe riding guys..

most of the pics are on rurals roads too - just one lane both directions, these are really dangerous because people get inpatient and love to pass others (which will put them in the oncomming lane) - and you cant really see bikes in the distance when passing.. also when merging into rural roads.. anyways, be safer on those roads

Old 04-11-2006, 10:37 PM

That site is the most biased, image-based, false-fear inducing site Ive been to in a long time. That dude twists his statistics A LOT.

Facts: (gotten from DMV and confirmed with the creator of that site - ie. he knew the same stats I am giving you)

28% of all motorcycle fatalities involve alcohol on the riders part.
82% of all motorcycle accidents involve blame on the riders part.

"32 times more likely to die" only applies to you if you count yourself as part of the above statistics. Average, safe riders who ride smart arent anywhere near as dangerous as he claims.

ALSO

There were 44,000 motorvehicle deaths in 2003 (DMV stats) That works out to be 15.3 fatalities per 100,000 eligilbe drivers nationwide. That is %0.000153 of all drivers. EVEN IF WE ASSUME his "32 times more likely" and put ourselves in the same category as drunk and unsafe riders - %0.0045 of us annually will be fatalities. Sobering to think of I know - but the odds arent bad either.

LASTLY

His message is "Bikes are deadly to riders - DONT RIDE" His message SHOULD be "Riders can be deadly on bikes - BE SAFE." We can ceratainly use more web sites that promote safe riding. Not sites like his that use scare tactics to discourage people from enjoying safe riding.

STAY SAFE AND THINK FOR YOURSELF. DONT BELIEVE ANYTHING AT FIRST.

Quick Reply: Thousands of bikers will take their last ride this year