target fixaton - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 AM

Default target fixaton

Classic case of not riding your ride... trying to keep up with someone faster than you, then the classic target fixation.

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=222656
Old 02-25-2007, 04:51 PM

Default RE: target fixaton

Ouch!!!!![:@]The biright side isnow there's a Scotts damper somewhere on ebay for a Gixxer.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:57 PM

That just looked bad. That wasnt even that bad of a corner. The tag on the side says "lacerated spleen and fractured shoulders. Ouch!!! I have pre ridden all the fun roads around here so I know what im gettting into before I push it. If I get on a new one. Im soo back of the pack. haha. Ill take the jibbing for being slow but atleast I keep the rubber side down. Least he now has plenty of time to look up replacement parts.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:38 PM

that is the worst feeling in the whole world to know youre going down and that you really cant do anything about it.. i cringed when i saw hinm enter that corner and then BAM!!! lol that really sucks but atleast he wasnt riding a honda cause if he had been then we would never have seen this video cause it never would have happened......
Old 02-26-2007, 02:58 AM

ouch
Old 02-26-2007, 12:08 PM

That was an r6 wasnt it....I thoughtit was the only one with the ginormous shift light like that other than the r1...
Old 02-26-2007, 04:50 PM

that dude sucked...wrong RPMs for it too...
Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

that dude sucked...wrong RPMs for it too...
I've often wondered about that.

Those roads were somewhat similar to the parlway here. Only that looks like maybe a third gear, 7-8K RPM road.

When I'm on the parkway, I never leave second gear and I keep the RPM's at about 7-8K. Seems like there's always power in that setup and no need for downshifting with a bit of engine braking. Actually, I'm not sure I really use my brakes much at all.

So whaddya think, Tahoe? If you've got some moderate twisties that keep you in the 40-45MPH range, what gear are you in and do you use a lot of brake?

I can't wait for a trackday this year.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:57 PM

bummer.... thats one thing that scares me is riding with my buddies since they are all way better than i am. i hope i dont try and ride outta my limits.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
ORIGINAL: terrible one
bummer.... thats one thing that scares me is riding with my buddies since they are all way better than i am. i hope i dont try and ride outta my limits.
I hear you. I have some buddies that ride like a bunch of freakin' animals. I feel obligated to keep up, but it is ALL in my head. In fact, they always tell me to ride my own ride...famous last words, eh? I have another couple of friends that ride slower. I like them better. It is hard not to let your ego get the best of you, but bruised ego is better than bruised EVERYTHING...or death!