Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Ride Smart!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Smart!!!!!!!!!!

As I woke up today I never expected what was to come. Every Sat riders from the area get together at the dealer and go for a group ride.
Everything was going smooth till it happened. And I wish it was just a spill but nothing prepared me for the events that followed. a group of guys started grinding some twisties and I and 2 other guys hung back a bit. well the guy directly in front of me started into a turn banking right. he never made it!!! as he came into the turn he drifted into the other lane. next thing I knew I saw a Pickup coming the other way.
I was far enough back but still to close to just stop... so I went accross the road going staight int the grass and as I went I put her down.
By the time I role out of it the other guy I dont even know his name was gone. he want straight into the truck. as I got to my feet nothing looked real (please forgive any Typos or miss spellings I am still shaking and quite bluntly I cant see the keyboard through most of my tears) He looked like some cruel joke someone was playing on me. and his arm from the elbow down was 5 feet from the rest of him.
I myself am a bit banged up but at least I got to go home and look my wife in the eye. something I now will never take for granted.
my bike is got some plastic missing but its only a ****ing bike (admin edit if you feel the need) so I ask everyone here please ride safe and well below you're skill.

I am posting a pic of his bike so to show you just what could happen. That was a SV1000
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Ride Smart!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not touching this post for language... sometimes you need to get a point across. Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I'm glad you're alright. Sorry the other guy isn't... that's a heavy price to pay.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:33 PM

Damn

Old 12-31-2005, 08:08 PM

I know what your going through, I feel your pain!

Old 12-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow dude, that's pretty serious. I'm very sorry to hear of this incident... it's bad enough just reading and hearing about people going down, but actually seeing it happen and even more so someone in your own group, that's really rough, especially in the severity such as this. I'm sorry again to hear of the bad news, but glad you were ok. My prayers are with him

We do group rides here too usually every sunday morning, and that's one of my biggest fears is somebody going down in the group. I'm constantly looking around making sure everybody is still with us.... so far nobody's gone down thank god. A couple weeks ago however somebody in another group that was heading north on the same road we were on, about 30 mins prior this guy on a gray 954 was hauling *** and came to a sweeper curve and lost it (went wide I assume?). They estimated he went into the ditch at about 140mph. When we got there they had the 4 lane highway we were on closed in both directions and the helicopter was taking off with the guy for the hospital. When they finally opened the road back up I saw the bike in the ditch... didn't look too good. I don't know what happened with the guy... hope he was alright but I dunno.

WEAR YOUR GEAR PEOPLE AND RIDE SAFE!!!

Old 01-01-2006, 08:40 AM

I'm sorry to hear about this as well. Prayers go out to his family.

Seeing something like that has to have a lasting effect on ya. Should serve as a reminder to us all that the streets aren't for pushing it anywhere close to our limits.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:53 PM

That is simply awful.

I am amazed at how often a car times it perfectly to be in the curve, opposite direction, right at the apex....seemingly every time. I think about that every time I enter a curve where I can't see the exit. It seems WAY more often than the odds would have it.

Old 01-01-2006, 04:26 PM

thank you all for the kind words. and I must ask if you pray also pray for the poor woman that was driving the truck she had no way to avoid the accedent and she was not at fault.. she will be haunted with this for a very long time.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:45 PM

That is just awful. I hate to see something like that. Glad you are ok but wish that things like that didn't happen. WOw. I am lost for words......

Old 01-01-2006, 10:01 PM

I am going to try to get pics of the damage to my bike tomarow so you can see that I got lucky. I am donating my helmet to the place that does the rider safety course so people know how a helmet can save you're life it did me.. and yes the other rider was wearing his.
Gear does help but it does not make you invincible... and it does not end at the helmet. A good riding jacket, riding gloves, solid boots, and at least jeans if not something more.

Keep it safe and if you ride with a group make sure they do too. or just leave.. I do plan on getting back on a bike. but I will only ride with a chosen few now.

Quick Reply: Ride Smart!!!!!!!!!!