Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

peer preassure got me

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: peer preassure got me

I think that there is a time and place for stunting, and you played this one just fine in my opinion...closed street, everyone knew what was going on, etc. The only thing, which was brought up, is it is a good think you didn't hit a parked car .

Old 05-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it aint' really a controlled area...but at least nothing will "JUMP" out at you right?

remember someone posting up about an old feller who loved to ride, stunt, etc...crashed on a street very much like this and passed away while doing a wheelie...i can't remember if he was geared up or not...but anyway...he rode for a long time but just happened to lose control...

at any rate...NICE WHEELIE...and falling to peer pressure AFTER TEN YEARS...you deserve a break from flaming ;-)

Old 05-29-2007, 05:08 PM

No, wideshow I just get sick of seeing people doing stupid things on the streets. Then these same people get all mad when they get arrested or crash there bikes. I am not flaming the original guy for his wheelie I am just trying to point out that a closed street for a block party is not a controlled environment.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:30 PM

Fear of crashing is what keeps some riders safe, loosing that fear is what lets some of us wheelie.

Im sure you will wheelie again, its in you now, the wheelie fever I mean. Just watch out for cars.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:37 PM

Nice wheelie man, and nice bike !

Old 05-29-2007, 11:45 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_racin123

Here maybe this will help.

TheSquid (motorcyclown squidus) is found for the most part in the northern hemisphere living in there parents basements or a single wide trailer that has been handle down threw the family.They tend to be most active during the warmer months in temperate climates. Althoughthey comes in all shapes and colors,they can generally be identified by certain specific behaviors.

The squid has a very high opinion of himself. "Modesty" is generally not part of his vocabulary and he often believes that his skills, knowledge and experience level make him something to be admired or at the very least, respected.

The squid generally has a fascination with speed on public roads. In many instances, the obsession is inversely proportional to his actual skill level. However, in the depths of the ocean, skill seems to be measured by the ability to twist the throttle in sixth gear on the interstate, or by pulling a wheelie threwa neighborhood with cars parked all around.

The squid has rituals, generally weekly, which are repeated throughout the riding season and become a major part of his life. They often involve cruising and hanging out at Starbucks on a Friday night. Very little happens during those gatherings which for the most part have an excitement level that ranks somewhere between that of watching paint dry and watching golf on TV. The squid generally stands next to his motorcycle and answers questions from curious passersby. Generally, "how fast can it go?" or "can you do a wheelie?" Which the answers are always the same. "178mph but I ran out of roadand I can wheelie for miles."

The squid loves the Internet. It is generally the best place for him to spread his knowledge and tell people how ignorant they are and that they need to, "get a life bro." (Trade marked byMotorcycle squidsand not to be used with out there written consent.)They can often be identified by sticking up for other squids that conduct themselves in a squidly manner.

The squids internet statements are to be considered factual and anyone trying to contest this will be met with a healthy dose of aggressiveness. ( e-gangsta threats on motorcycle forums)

The only people a squid shows any kind of respect for are: 1)Racers of the Isle of Man TT. 2) On occasion Superbike racers, even though going through the same corners over and over is not very manly and must be, to the squid's thinking, rather boring even thoughhe has actually never been on a racetrack himself. 3) Other squids.

It should be noted, for the sake of accuracy, that not all street riders are squids. Far from it, actually. But the vast majority of squids are street riders, although some squids have been known to purchase a racing license for the sole purpose of increasing their credibility when hanging out at there local Starbucks.
LOL i totally agree but then again i fit into some of these categories, but i dont stunt and i never race anyone, i just have an extreme obsession with speed(which i very very much try to hold back--for years i was set on becoming a jet pilot and skydiving)....oh btw today i rode in shorts and a tshirt to run a few city blocks away, yes im considered irresponsible and evil by many, but it just feels sooo good

Old 05-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so uhh whats wrong with starbucks. i love to go out for a ride then relax and enjoy a refreshing drink and then ride again. i never knew i wasa squid for going to starbucks ... damn if im part of the starbucks racing team ive been getting jiped paying for all these parts myself , i need to go call my sponsor !

Old 05-30-2007, 04:19 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: bushmasterAR15

Fear of crashing is what keeps some riders safe, loosing that fear is what lets some of us wheelie.

Im sure you will wheelie again, its in you now, the wheelie fever I mean. Just watch out for cars.
Your dead on, and not really sure how i feel about it lol. I had the day off so i went on a counry ride and as im going thru the middle of nowhere i shifted down and slipped that clutch again, it really feels good floating down the road like that, i think im hooked sorta. For a lot of the other posters YES i admit what i did originally was NOT a good idea and i am aware of it.