Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My new helmet, for those of you interested

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new helmet, for those of you interested

Hey guys, I posted here a few days ago about my new helmet purchase. Its a THH-TS 40. got it for 60 bucks on motorcycle superstore, heres the pics... I am VERY pleased with the fit/finish so far. Only thing I found even remotely wrong is it seems someone fell asleep at the glue machine. Ill re-glue the rear "spoiler" and maybe some of the inside catches. The liner buttons in/out very securely, and the visor works great. Now... to get it on the road lol. Im gonna like it a lot better than my HJC I believe... awesome for the price I paid...

Helmet Pics

While your there... feel free to browse all my images: Right Here

And for those that were "worried" I see it has the snell 2000 sticker as well as the dot. I dont care as long as its DOT. Also, it has like 2 or 3 other standards it meets... I figured it was just numbers hahah...

Chris

Old 01-13-2006, 01:21 AM
jg
Default RE: My new helmet, for those of you interested

Look at this way. There are many that don't ride with a helmet at all so I say ride with what you got, is better than riding without. Some guys have the best gear you can buy and ride so stupid and reckless, it does not matter.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Retired Administrator

It looks good to me... how's it feel?

Old 01-13-2006, 02:00 PM

Dude, your 600 is fkn sexy !!!! Is it white or silver ? I don`t recall ever seein one like it.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Retired Administrator

The 06 has a Light Silver Metallic option... open this and click on the colors to see it. His 03 looks a lot like this now.

Damn... had to make an edit: That's sweet, the license plate holder. Now I know what I'm doing with mine... Thanks for posting the pics.

Old 01-13-2006, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: jg

Look at this way. There are many that don't ride with a helmet at all so I say ride with what you got, is better than riding without. Some guys have the best gear you can buy and ride so stupid and reckless, it does not matter.
+1 on that....

Old 01-13-2006, 09:46 PM

how good is it @ reducing wind noise ?

Old 01-13-2006, 10:15 PM

well keep some of that glue that your gonna use to stick it back together , for when u crash u may need it to glue ur head back together if there is anything left.. i have asked around out of curiousity from when u posted previous to this helmet , all shops ive asked (as well as other riders) and the one shop sells those , say it is bottom end thin plastic outer shell , but yes very shiny it is , im glad u have put such a low price on ur head , but hey u got a hella deal congratulations it looks good

Old 01-13-2006, 11:55 PM

Thanks speedy your an *** Its DOT and Snell 2000 compliant, as well as 2-3 other compliancy ratings... have you read the write up in motorcyclist magazine about the "cheap plastic" helmets outperforming the "state of the art" helmets? sometimes by leaps and bounds... "glad you have put such a low price on your head" Yeah, thats it, I am just ASKING to go down "please god, strike me down, ive bought a 60 dollar helmet because I am not rich, I do not have hundreds of dollars to spend, and I am a failure all around because I did not buy that 600 dollar helmet that was surpassed easily in several tests in the area of force applied to the head in all tests".... sheesh... I dont want to start anything but come on... Do you honestly think I would get a helmet thing "YEAH IT WONT WORK AT ALL!!! " SOOO happy. If youve read my other posts, youd see I am trying to get a helmet that I feel safe in... cause my current hjc cs-10 does not feel safe at all...

anyways, ill stop ranting... Ill admit Im a newb and I have no business being here or making purchasing decisions by myself based on my measly budget. I mean, helmets are only made for looking shiny, right?

Don: It FEELS great. It has an awesome-soft liner, which is pretty thick, and i can tell some thought was put into it by its shape and overall ergonomics. 40 times better than my old hjc.

Roxy: Thanks for the compliments bro... been slowly restoring (budget again) what I can. Fly-boy had it b4 me, and did the color, but Ive been working from there. It actually is the silver, stripped of all its labeling gimmicks :P hehe luminics bulbs give it the blue look at night.

Menefreghista: Dont know about wind noise yet... reviews on the site listed it as fairly noisy, but it can not be possibly worse than my old amplifier I used to have, lol.

take it easy all, safe riding,

Chris

Old 01-14-2006, 03:19 PM

hey im glad ur happy with it . just tellin u what its down falls are ie , thinner material to drop weight . so it can feel lighter like the others. and yes it may have passed all the same computer generated and machine controlled tests , but the true test is when u high side or even low side at 130 plus.
Hey i can understand that u may not be able to afford a good helmet that is 300 versus 60 dollars, but on the other hand u did buy a bike , im sure somewhere in the budget for that bike u could have fit saftey for yourself in there .
I always hear guys say well sorry i am not rich i cant afford an expensive 500 dollar helmet , it is the same guys that bought a brand new bike, or spent 8 grand on a bike plus figured , a better investment was an exhaust, undertail , kand n airfilter, double bubble . and so on when i think safty is number one . in our group alot of us race , do track days , or just plain out aggresive street riders on back roads and weve all seen guys get hurt real bad , and die as well .
gear to me is more important than anything else so i may be an *** all u want to call me but when u crash in jeans a textile jacket and a cheap *** helmet on ur expensive bike we will see who is the *** , not only will ur bike be ****ed up but so will u have fun good luck hope u never crash , but if u do i already feel sorry for you.... like u said ur a newb i been on bikes for a longgggggg time ive crashed too so take advice or dont its up to you

Quick Reply: My new helmet, for those of you interested