Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My new helmet, for those of you interested

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new helmet, for those of you interested

Thanks for the post Nine. Just browse around these forums, i have the link to the test posted twice bro. One is under "My newly purchased helmet" I believe, and the other is under "Read this, it IS worth your time"

Hope you find it a good read, I know I did... changed my whole outlook on how the "man" does business heheh

take it easy,

Chris

Old 01-16-2006, 01:10 AM

lol hahaha well look at it this way if the even something silly like glue , that shows lack of worksmanship yes or no .. would u buy a new car with the bumper hangin off just cause or a loose steering wheel or for sakes a spoiler that is falling off , or even better a seat belt that keeps un buckling , prolly not and why , chances are it shows u just how much care was put into it . now i 100 percent agree a shop will sell u what ever they can that cost the most , thats the name of the game , but i do not want to risk my head in shawdy gear, as far as textiles go , well i have to say it realy depends on type of riding i have seen a few guys go down in just about every type of textile known to man and in the end there always messed up real bad. guys in leathers a few bruises and thats it, of course unless u hit something at which point it dont make a difference , all i am sayin is why cheap out on any type on protection if it is available to you , expensive or not , a bike is replaceable , you and your body parts are not . u only have one head so protect it , if u feel 100 percent safe with that helmet or jacket or pants what ever then cool, but dont look at what u really want then work ur way down just to save a buck , ur worth more then any piece of gear am i right or wrong ... safe riding im done .

Old 01-16-2006, 07:34 AM

why the f$%k are ppl getting worked up on a fellow rider buying a bargain helmet ?
i paid ONLY $50 for mine ... brand-new from an ebay store
its a no-name full-faced Max and i bought it coz i liked the graphics

i was also unlucky enough to test my gear soon after (hit n run @ fwy speeds)
end result ?
-leather/textile combo jacket held up
-helmet held up but i replaced the scratched visor
-leather gloves ... disintegrated !

the first thing the EMTs checked when they arrived was my helmet and everyone i talked to during the compulsory ride to the hsptl was happy that my cheap helmet did so well !

Old 01-16-2006, 05:28 PM

i think you are supposed to get rid of that helmet and buy a new one after an accident, i know that working in the medical profession, just like car seats you have to replace it. there mite be some cracks or sumthin wrong that u dont see and it mite not hold up next time