Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

My first crash..

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 07:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After any type a crash it is recommended to "loosen" up the bike. This means lossening up the bolts and letting your bike go back into its natural positioning. You mentioned your forks. Get the bike off the floor, loosen your triple and any other bolt on the front end that appear to be holding a peice in a position, let the bike go back to it's natural state and then just tighten everything down again. There is a video explaining in better detail somewhere on the internet. I will try to find it or perhaps another member knows the one i'm talking about and has it saved somewhere.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:14 PM

About pants. They make some armored/protective blue jeans. Many different companies. A guy I used to ride with had a pair, they were made with Kevlar and Regular jean materials. Costs about $200 or so he said. I don't have a pair, just talking from observation of others, and he said they were very comfortable. I think they were called like Dragon Jeans, or Dragging Jeans. I don't know if they were CE approved. Hope this helps..

Old 07-25-2011, 05:17 PM

That sucks man its good you're okay.

Whenever someone asks about pants though i feel like i have to put my two cents in. I'm sure there's a pair of $200 kevlar jeans that'll be just about the best thing you can buy, but if you're a commuter you don't want to spend a thousand bucks to have a fresh pair every day. get some Carhart duck work pants (i don't know why they're called that), maybe even the double-kneed logger ones. it's a little expensive, but 50 bucks is a lot less than 200, and they're tough as hell. I put my pants through the ringer; I weld in them almost every day, and I've crawled through everything from black liquor (corrosive) to junk steel piles in them, but I've had the same 7 pairs for probably 5 years. I guess the short version is that the abrasion resistance on them is insane, and they're the only thing I wear when I ride.

...unless that's what you were wearing when you went down, in which case disregard this entire post (except the part that it's good you're okay).

/long post

Old 07-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Exodus1080
That sucks man its good you're okay.

Whenever someone asks about pants though i feel like i have to put my two cents in. I'm sure there's a pair of $200 kevlar jeans that'll be just about the best thing you can buy, but if you're a commuter you don't want to spend a thousand bucks to have a fresh pair every day. get some Carhart duck work pants (i don't know why they're called that), maybe even the double-kneed logger ones. it's a little expensive, but 50 bucks is a lot less than 200, and they're tough as hell. I put my pants through the ringer; I weld in them almost every day, and I've crawled through everything from black liquor (corrosive) to junk steel piles in them, but I've had the same 7 pairs for probably 5 years. I guess the short version is that the abrasion resistance on them is insane, and they're the only thing I wear when I ride.

...unless that's what you were wearing when you went down, in which case disregard this entire post (except the part that it's good you're okay).

/long post
Shift kevlar jeans are running $70 a pair now. Couple that with 1 or 2 pair of armored shorts and you're good.

I've got 5 pair of Shift Torque Jeans already.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta throw my hat in the ring, leather chaps are the way I roll.
They are in-expensive, always on craiglist and go over anything
(even shorts). Last a life-time, easily repaired. Will even keep
you dry through most weather.

With a full set of long-johns and my leather jacket, I often ride 30-40 miles in 28-30 degree weather.

I am looking to get a textile jacket to pair with the chaps for summer-time
riding, though. I've been defaulting to a leather vest, too long. No shoulder/elbow protection=bad.

Ern

Oh yeah, and styling! The chicks dig a guy in chaps (at least here in Oklahoma).
lol
Ern

Old 07-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadHattr059
Ern

Oh yeah, and styling! The chicks dig a guy in chaps (at least here in Oklahoma).
lol
Ern
Show up on South St here in Philly wearing chaps without a full dress Harley, tats, vest and chains and you'll either catch a beat down...

Or it won't be chicks trying to dig in ya

Old 07-25-2011, 06:59 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Leatherup.com

Leatherup.com does sell some armor/knee protective blue jeans for $39.99, I think by element. I've been wearing them for 2 years now. Don't really know how good are them? But my guess it's better than regular jeans. Any one knows if these are good?

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
About pants. They make some armored/protective blue jeans. Many different companies. A guy I used to ride with had a pair, they were made with Kevlar and Regular jean materials. Costs about $200 or so he said. I don't have a pair, just talking from observation of others, and he said they were very comfortable. I think they were called like Dragon Jeans, or Dragging Jeans. I don't know if they were CE approved. Hope this helps..