Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

muzzy vs d&d??????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: muzzy vs d&d??????????

Loud Pipes Save Lives?Or Do They?

- The vast majority of bike accidents are from the front. To have any chance of alerting those motorists to the presence of a motorcycle with exhaust noise would require that the tailpipe be pointed forward. LOL. The chances of rearward-facing straight pipes making a bike more obvious are very slim. The reality of the loud pipe is that all you'll succeed in doing is irritating all the people behind and beside you who don't pose much of a threat anyway.
- You are pissing off everyone around you. So who cares if you gun the throttle past an open driver's-side window and scare the hell out of the occupants? At least they see you, right? Maybe, but take a look at what happened to personal watercraft in Minnesota. They've effectively been relegated to the daylight hours so that residents and other users of lakes can have their quiet time. Take a look at what happened in Yellowstone. Put it another way: how much do you appreciate the "music" blaring from other people's cars: the throbbing car stereo that shakes the very ground with some indistinguishable bass crap? How interested in someone else's music are you? Perhaps nobody else wants to listen to it. Perhaps they don't like the sound. Maybe they're trying to concentrate, or talk, or watch TV, or sleep. Maybe their kids are trying to sleep.
- Loud exhaust pipes are illegal. Even HD has finally stopped installing them

Old 10-28-2006, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR
Perhaps nobody else wants to listen to it
- Loud exhaust pipes are illegal. Even HD has finally stopped installing them
Maybe where you livw, but HD doesnt install the majority of the pipes, most are aftermarket.......I ride with a few guys that have harleys including my dad, HD sells 2 stages of pipes, and you can buy other pipes that look the same, sound simular, but for a cheaper price.

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR
Perhaps nobody else wants to listen to it
I didnt buy it for you, nor do I care what you want to listen too. Loud music I could care less about, if they want to have hearing problems when they are 30 thats there problem.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No offense, but the second clip from N8 dawg sounded more like a race exhaust and seemed to rev faster. I would have to agree, You can't hear the pipes in front above about 50mph. But behind and too the side everybody hears them. Lower speeds ya, you can hear it every where. My 2 cents.

Old 10-29-2006, 05:17 PM

To the orignal post, he said he wanted it to be loud, If you are going to spend that much $$$ I would go for performance and get the muzzy, I think you will get more performance there, and still have a nice sound. If you get a full exhaust you'll most likely need a jet kit also.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:25 AM

I have heard loud pipes save lives but like everyone says if your in front you dont hear it. If you want loud buy a stock can and get creative. I put d and d's to shame as for as loudness and especially quality of sound.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:33 AM

I ran straight pipes on the F2 for a while. That was really loud. Every time I'd lean, I'd get a headache from the loudness. But it sounded pretty cool... Too bad had a noticeable drop in performance and headache inducing rides. All my friends bitched at me when they were behind me. Straight pipes are a cool 130-145 decibels.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 AM

Sorry off topic, Cages cant hear loud pipes when your flyin up from the rear......got cut off today in the S-curves. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 04:45 AM

i used to have a D & D slip-on. i loved it. gave the bike a raw sound but not as bad as straight pipe. it's true friends and cousin say its too damn loud at 3/4-WOT. so loud several times i made them hit the rev limiter from not being able to feel or hear there own bike lol. and when you bounce off the rev limit not knowing your going to, its like hitting a wall.

i can only imagine now that i have a full SS Hindle headpipes and midpipe with carbon fiber yoshi can how loud it would of of been with the old D&D back on. i'm about to hack the yoshi can and make it 1/3 shorter anyways.