CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Anyone use a muzzy fan on their f3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use a muzzy fan on their f3?

I have never had major heat issues, but lately (during the middle of summer) riding around in the slower traffic of being in a bigger city my bike has been getting too hot for my comfort (nowhere near overheating though)..

Just curious if these Muzzy fans actually make a noticable difference?

Old 09-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're paranoid about it overheating, why not just hardwire a manual switch? Otherwise let the bike do its job and don't worry about over heating until it actually over heats.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:30 AM

Never had itt overheat, if it gets to the point where it's too hot for you, laaane split!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:33 AM

Yea the traffic gets pretty slow with all the construction going on right now. I havent had any heat issues really, I would just rather keep it as low as possible :P

Anyways, anyone actually have a muzzy and notice the fan performance difference?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:48 AM

You're in OshKosh... I'm in Chicago... I think we have a little more traffic here

Old 09-23-2010, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by kerosene
You're in OshKosh... I'm in Chicago... I think we have a little more traffic here
I am not arguing that you don't lol, but being a college town everyone takes the same routes and when it is flooded with construction plus all the stop lights, it can still get held up for longer then I would like

Old 09-23-2010, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tremar
I am not arguing that you don't lol, but being a college town everyone takes the same routes and when it is flooded with construction plus all the stop lights, it can still get held up for longer then I would like
yea, i suppose you might have more traffic than rush hour in chicago bike was designed to heat up and cool down... as long as your temp sensors are working good you should be good, you'll just be hot between your legs... if you're really concerned good luck with muzzy fan, I've never seen or heard of it.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 AM
djj

I haven't talked to anyone that has used one on a CBR but a bunch of the SRAD guys (GSXR) use them (because the SRAD's tend to run a little hot) and have had good results. I would assume they would have similar results on a CBR?

I plan on adding one to my SRAD eventually. Haven't had my CBR running yet so don't know if I will need any additional cooling on that. I do have a manual switch wired into my SRAD fan and that has been helpful on a hot Miami day in traffic!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 AM

manual switches seem to be the popular way to go, anyone know anywhere with a good write up on how to do one (preferably on an f3)? I searched forums and couldnt find anything

Old 09-23-2010, 12:46 PM

how to do a manual switch? all you do is cut the + cable attach to switch then attach the rest of the cable to the other side of the switch.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a muzzy fan on their f3?