Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Interesting motorcycle pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 07:43 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll see your track H2 and raise you - track turbo busa complete with lock-up clutch. (do you guys think that'd help it's tractability while leaned over - it'd prevent the surge of boost, right?)

This is the original tail I had in mind for my bike - but the guy who makes them wants $300+shipping (from Germany) unpainted, and no subframe..... so no.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
I'll see your track H2 and raise you - track turbo busa complete with lock-up clutch. (do you guys think that'd help it's tractability while leaned over - it'd prevent the surge of boost, right?)
]
Been surfing on some Finnish sites?
The lock-up doesn't prevent anything. It just makes the clutch usable with that kind of power. With springs it would have to be so stiff it would be hard or impossible to use the lever.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by mika_u
Been surfing on some Finnish sites?
The lock-up doesn't prevent anything. It just makes the clutch usable with that kind of power. With springs it would have to be so stiff it would be hard or impossible to use the lever.
You can tune a lock-up to allow a certain amount of slippage in the lower half of the RPMs depending on what springs you use. As the RPMs increase, the pressure increases.

I was thinking that during cornering, and going back on throttle at/after the apex, it might allow you a bit more wiggle room so that the boost wouldn't cause you to high side as easily....if that makes sense.... errrr...

Basically, you'd have weak springs, so that you can give loads of power and at the lower RPMs the clutch would slip a bit. If you knew it was coming, it might help take the "edge" off the power curve, right?

And yeah, I was surfing Euro sites. I was trying to find pictures of this cbr 900/bird where the guy was running Pods and a 929 tank, and I sort of got lost. ......I need to finish my bike...

Last edited by Conrice; 10-15-2014 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Sept 2014 ROTM

You can tune a lock-up to allow a certain amount of slippage in the lower half of the RPMs depending on what springs you use. As the RPMs increase, the pressure increases.

I was thinking that during cornering, and going back on throttle at/after the apex, it might allow you a bit more wiggle room so that the boost wouldn't cause you to high side as easily....if that makes sense.... errrr...

Basically, you'd have weak springs, so that you can give loads of power and at the lower RPMs the clutch would slip a bit. If you knew it was coming, it might help take the "edge" off the power curve, right?

And yeah, I was surfing Euro sites. I was trying to find pictures of this cbr 900/bird where the guy was running Pods and a 929 tank, and I sort of got lost. ......I need to
finish my bike...
Incase you didn't find it do you mean this?

Lock-ups normally are adjusted to have a bit of slip in low revs but with the amount of power a turbo Busa has it really doesn't matter if it's slipping. I have seen few of them with lock-ups and it's unreal how easy you can get the tyre spinning with just a gently twist of the throttle. Usually the ones
they use here on the streets are little over 300rwhp to 400 rwhp. Would need a really skilled driver to drive one of those at track

Old 10-15-2014, 08:22 PM

Incase you didn't find it do you mean this?

No, I don't think it's that one unless it's undergoing a major face lift. This one was from the Monsters Race in France. It's solely a track bike I think.

Well - Here's a pic of it's latest transformation (I finally found it!)

This was the version I had remembered seeing (and posted earlier on). Anywho, ever since I saw this bike, it's made me want to do a 900/bird. And it has fewer "goodies"

Last edited by Conrice; 10-16-2014 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:46 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

No, I don't think it's that one unless it's undergoing a major face lift. This one was from the Monsters Race in France. It's solely a track bike I think.
Yeah it isn't the same bike.
You can find that one i posted on custom fighters. It is a SC-33 with 1100XX motor but i think it has the sc-33 tank actually. He did cut up bouth of the SC-33 and Bird airboxes and glued/plastic welded together one that fits under the tank.

CBR 1100XX Blackbird engine with SC33 Frame "FireBird" - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

Last edited by mika_u; 10-16-2014 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:49 PM

Yeah it isn't the same bike.
You can find that one i posted on custom fighters. It is a SC-33 with 1100XX motor but i think it has the sc-33 tank actually. He did cut up bouth of the SC-33 and Bird airboxes and glued/plastic welded together one that fits under the tank.

CBR 1100XX Blackbird engine with SC33 Frame "FireBird" - Page 5 - Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
Yeah...I read that thread - good stuff.

You know, as much as we've been working trying to pump every bit of hp out of a 980.... It's got me thinking.... Hmmm....

Old 10-21-2014, 07:33 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

You would have to build the 1100xx engine to get the same amount of power out of it what the 980cc has. But this would be an acceptable option

Last edited by mika_u; 10-21-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:15 AM

You would have to build the 1100xx engine to get the same amount of power out of it what the 980cc has. But this would be an acceptable option
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTwf...8nacOVECdI0ICA
Yeah, you're right. I think I just need to re-acquaint myself with my bike - The last time it was on the road was 2011...er 2012 - I don't really know.... ugh...

I also am paranoid that I'm going to blow it up within a couple of months of it running...

Here's another bike. I'm not a fan of the tail, nor the paint. But the gauge placement is awesome. So is the 1098 swinger, and the Buell front end.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Sept 2014 ROTM

Yeah, you're right. I think I just need to re-acquaint myself with my bike - The last time it was on the road was 2011...er 2012 - I don't really know.... ugh...

I also am paranoid that I'm going to blow it up within a couple of months of it running...
Well i drove my 980cc maybe little over 1500km:s last summer. I'm still worried it can blow up any time but i finally managed the drive it like i used to when it was stock the last few rides before i put it to the garage for winter. I just thought why shouldn't i take every bit of fun out of the bike when worked so hard to get there. If it blows then it does It isn't anything like the stock bike. And it sounds pretty mean when the rev limiter kicks in at 13.2k. Way more power i'll ever need. I bet you'll enjoy it.

Last edited by mika_u; 10-21-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Interesting motorcycle pictures