Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

I'm kind of worried about my next ride...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm kind of worried about my next ride...

Old 01-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm kind of worried about my next ride...

good luck... don't ride today... it's Friday the 13th!

Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

haha.. right you are! didn't even think about that. no worries, it's been raining like the bottom fell out today.

Old 01-14-2006, 07:25 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's just 2 pairs of 6's -- no worries bout that. If you were playing poker you'd cream your pants if you drew that hand

Old 01-14-2006, 07:58 AM

speaking of Friday the 13th check this out

Connecting Friday the 13th and bad luck is the most unifying known superstition. From Hinduism to Christianity, from aeroplanes to apartments, the word on the street is AVOID. Some people even refuse to get out of bed when the 13th is a Friday. Now there's an idea ! (until you just HAVE to pee and can't hold it any longer)

Some of us cross our fingers for good luck, or "touch wood," or "hold thumbs". Some of us avoid opening umbrellas indoors, walking under ladders, or standing on cracks on the pavement.
But possibly the biggest shared superstition of all is that Friday the 13th is unlucky. This is probably because it combines two kinds of "bad luck": Friday, and the Number 13

Friday...
In old Western culture, Friday was not good news. It used to be "hangman's day" (AND still is if you live in the Middle-East) There were usually thirteen steps leading up to the gallows. Friday is also believed to be the day that Adam and Eve are thought to have eaten the forbidden fruit, the same day of the week that the Noah's Ark Great Flood started, Solomon's temple fell, and Cain murdered his brother Abel.

Some say never make your bed on a Friday - it will bring bad dreams. (To be completely SAFE, never make your bed ... sleep on the cold floor instead - you'll be tired and achy when you wake up but hey at least no more bad dreams, huh how about that ?!)

Fishermen say, 'A Friday's sail, always fails." (too bad they don't rely on wind power ANYMORE !)

Friday came to be called "witches' Sabbath." For it was believed that on this day, each week, twelve witches and the Devil met - thirteen evil spirits up to no good! (this sounds like your fav sexual fantasy, doesn't it ?)

The number 13

Hindus believed that it was unlucky for 13 people to gather in one place. The ancient Scandinavians shared this conviction. (Hindus also believe in worshipping cows and the Scandinavians ? well they probably blow 'em)

According to the Bible, there were 13 people present at the Last Supper of Jesus Christ (the 13th person being the traitor Judas Iscariot). Jesus was then crucified on the Roman execution day - Friday (which is suspected to have been Friday the 13th). To quote John 6: 70-71, "Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil? He spake of Judas Iscariot... for he it was that should betray him". To avoid having thirteen people around a dinner, the French have a custom of asking for the services of a quartormeme (a 'safe' fourteenth guest hired on the spur of the moment to evade the 'evil number' at a dinner party)
<--- not that i'm French but if someone was invited @ the last minute for dinner @ my grandpa's house AND he actually showed up we didn't call him 'un quartormeme' but a 'fokatchodu' i.e. a freeloading ****** !

The serial murderers Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Jeffrey Dahmer, Theodore Bundy, Albert De Salvo, Harvey Glatman, Herman Mudgett, Herbert Mullin, Daniel Rolling, Lucian Staniak, Peter Sutcliffe, Wayne Williams all have 13 letters in their names <--- so do Mother Teresa, Princess Diana & Jackie Kennedy also - ok i'm j/k now and will STOP !

The number 13 is considered so unlucky that many buildings (particularly hotels) tall enough to have a thirteenth floor will not number it as such. Hospitals also decline to label their operating theatres with the number 13. House numbers in British streets leap from No.11 to 15 - or 13 becomes 11a. Estate agents find it hard to sell a house numbered thirteen. Many aeroplanes don't have a 13th aisle.

Women have 13 menstrual cycles a year, and so the number 13 was a big part of ancient matriarchal religions, which early Christianity sought to discredit and brand as evil.

The twain shall meet... Today!

Of course, you could just relax, go out for drinks or a movie after work, as normal. Or you could stay in bed the entire day, as many people d

Old 01-14-2006, 08:03 AM
Muz

Oh no looks like your as good as dead....[sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=devilangel.gif][sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 01-14-2006, 12:25 PM

Friday 13th is all trouble in your head, aint no harm coming to you.