Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Idiot Cager Causes Biker to Crash

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Idiot Cager Causes Biker to Crash

omg i cant believe what i just saw. he tryed blocking a 400 pound bike with his 3000 pound car...... if i was him after i get up i would beat the hell out of the driver till he needs to go to the hospital. and then whan i recover ill beat his *** again so he will never do it again. this actually got me a little mad... idk y but it did.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

Even if you disagree with anything I said, you can't disagree that as bikers we need to be driving smarter, thinkin/planning ahead and realize that yes, we are only on 350lb. bikes compared to 1 1/2 ton vehicles.

The first time I watched it, I thought I saw him swerving, turned out not to be the case. Also, it almost seems as if they were all racing as all 4 vehicles were very close together taking that corner pretty fast (for their vehicles limits).

**** with the bull, you get the horns. Hope he learned something.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Then when the bike makes his move to pass, he cuts in front of him - look at where the cars are ahead of him, they're way too far ahead for him to be trying to make a pass. Now I don't think the cager meant to take the bike out, just scarehim and get himto back off. The biker may have been tailgating, but is that really a justified reason to run him off the road?
I agree with this assessment. Take a look at the pic how far the other cars were ahead of the red car. The red car wasn't passing.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

Then when the bike makes his move to pass, he cuts in front of him - look at where the cars are ahead of him, they're way too far ahead for him to be trying to make a pass. Now I don't think the cager meant to take the bike out, just scarehim and get himto back off. The biker may have been tailgating, but is that really a justified reason to run him off the road?
I agree with this assessment. Take a look at the pic how far the other cars were ahead of the red car. The red car wasn't passing.

If you look on the left there is a shadow put off from a car in front of the red. Which to me says the red car was passing because as the car gets over it starts to overlap the other shadow. And as they go around the last corner you catch a glimpse of the other car just in front of the red. Video should be called "Bike trys to pass car that is passing another car and goes down due to stupidity".

Old 03-28-2007, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

ORIGINAL: OldFatGuy

If you look on the left there is a shadow put off from a car in front of the red. Which to me says the red car was passing because as the car gets over it starts to overlap the other shadow. And as they go around the last corner you catch a glimpse of the other car just in front of the red. Video should be called "Bike trys to pass car that is passing another car and goes down due to stupidity".
You know what.... you are right. The first couple of times I watched it, I noticed the shadow but thought it was from a building or billboard or something like that, but I watched it again and you are correct. There is a car there and it does appear this guy is just passing. Good catch! My mistake.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Let's think about what we saw.

The biker was being an ******* by tailgating. If you MUST tailgate, stay to one side of the vehicle in front of you incase you need to make an evasive move.

Now let's think about the car in front of him. Just before he, "cause the accident," he appears to move over to the left to check for oncoming traffic. When he does this, it's apparent there are two other vehicles right in front of him.

From what I can see, none of the morons in the video gave any room for error between themselves. Then the jackass on the bike swerves back and forth behind the red car, in what seems to be a taunting gesture - then tries to pass when, again from what I can see, the car in front of him tries to pass as well.

Too bad the bike went down, but it's apparent that unless he wasn't wearing a helmet, he'll be fine.

Maybe next time the dumb motherf**ker will give a little consideration to others on the road.

This is a perfect example of people just blindly assuming the biker was being picked on by a, "cager." It's also a perfect example of BS.
Yep, I have to agree. I hate the closed minded attitudes that makes it always the CAGERS fault. It's like using racial slurs it gets so bad.

Just cuz a persons on a bike doesn't make him right. grow the hell up.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:15 PM

Fault on both parts in that one, but it appears as a genuine accident to me, not malicious.I certainly try to never follow that close, especially not at high speed. Hope the dude is fine though.

Like Kid says, you **** with the bull, you get the horns.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

You're right, this pic does shed more light on the matter, guess I was wrong. It was careless on both parties, but I still say the car's at fault because hedidn't signal or check his blind spot when making the pass. Had he done either, this could've been avoided.

And Kid, I do agree we gotta be focusing 100% on the road when riding, cuz we know cagers sure as hell aren't.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's why if you're going to pass via the oncoming lane, which is totally legal in this case...downshift and WOT...to pass the cars and get back into the same lane as quickly as possible....assuming no po po in the vicinity.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:52 PM

Well it was perfectly legal for both to pass, and I know how we have to be espeically carful while riding, but this is totally the cager's fault. If the bike was in his blind spot, it is his responsibilty to check it, and notice how the cager doesn't signal his turn into the other lane. If hehad signaled, I am sure the biker would have been able to prevent this. If blinkers weren't needed, they would be an option, not something standard on every vehicle......use them.

Quick Reply: Idiot Cager Causes Biker to Crash