Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

I just couldn't help myself... (video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I just couldn't help myself... (video)

So for the longest time I've been having this problem getting videos to transfer smoothly from my video cam to my comp using USB, and I still can't get the firewire to work. But yesterday, after 2 years of owning this camera I finally fingure out you can stick a memory stick in there and record on that, lol (yea, I'm a dumbass). And being that I had a few memory sticks laying around for my Sony digicam and PSP, and my Vaio laptop has a built in memory stick reader, so it all came together beautifully! Finally I can get video on my comp already in digital form with no hacking in the transfer Add to that I had gotten a wide angle lens a lil while back, so I could fix the problem of not being able to see both the gauges and the road ahead, without it looking like the cam was pointing at the ground and not being able to see anything ahead. Now I can see both!

So that being said, I had to go out and try it out today. Went out to US-27 (long straight open highway out in the middle of nowhere) and gave her a good run through the gears.... haven't done that in a long time. I usually don't ride all that fast at all, but every once in a blue moon I'll open it up a bit. Went up and down the road a few times to make sure all was clear and clean, and even let a big *** turtle cross the road first. Worked out very well! The sound usually sucks cuz the cam doesn't like the high pitch sound from the motor, so I used a remote mounted mic in the rear. First vid it's attached to the back of my jacket, 2nd one it's under the strap on the rear seat. Still not the greatest, but better than using the mic on the cam (horrible)

Anyways...2 vids. Who says a bike with a few miles can't still get up and play?? hahaha [sm=smiley36.gif] It was kinda rough though cuz I coudn't tuck with the camera, and I had a pretty good headwind going the one direction, lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...83044185806307

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46182875104502

Call me lame, but I was pretty excited cuz I've been fighting with this stupid camera forever trying to get it to work right, so I was pretty excited it finally did

Old 07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: I just couldn't help myself... (video)

damn, that road looks like a runway. like ur riding on a cloud . glad u made it back safe

Old 07-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: crazyhorse95gt

damn, that road looks like a runway. like ur riding on a cloud . glad u made it back safe
Yea every road in south Florida is like a runway.... completely straight, flat, and BORING!!!! Like I said, 99% of the time I'm not into the high speed stuff. Just every once in a blue moon I do a quick blast like seen here, but most of the time it just bores me. Much rather have some curves! But hey, that's why I'm moving soon to N. GA where there's plenty of curves!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man I understand your aches.... Oklahoma is a giant checkerboard! I'm headed to the track this sunday.... and I think we've all gone that fast at one point or another

Old 07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Ironmang

Well I used to blast around everywhere... I think that's why it bores me now, cuz I've done it so much. Back in the day on our group rides we used to go out into the everglades and I'd be running wide open 140-150 for miles and miles and miles and miles at a time. I'd be holding the throttle pegged for 10-15 mins at a time. You can only do the same routine so many times! And you guys know how much I ride (if not, see sig, lol), so you can imagine how many times. Either way, gone through that phase, time for some twisties... and trackdays soon I hope!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome. Hope my bike still runs that good at 95k!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I'm spoiled by my RR, but I didn't know F4i's struggled to get to 140 mph. (not being an ***, I really did think they got to 160 with no struggling.) Did you have it hammered down?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:05 AM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Well I used to blast around everywhere... I think that's why it bores me now, cuz I've done it so much. Back in the day on our group rides we used to go out into the everglades and I'd be running wide open 140-150 for miles and miles and miles and miles at a time. I'd be holding the throttle pegged for 10-15 mins at a time. You can only do the same routine so many times! And you guys know how much I ride (if not, see sig, lol), so you can imagine how many times. Either way, gone through that phase, time for some twisties... and trackdays soon I hope!
I wonder how long it would take us to watch all of your 95k miles on video. I guess I'm kinda glad you just now got your camera working properly! Where in N GA are you moving?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:36 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

.... completely straight, flat, and BORING!!!!
Like I told you before Jared, I think you're going the wrong way. If you would've turned the bike the other direction, there are a lot of CURVES on South Beach which are not BORING by any means and that I'd trade any day for the twisties up here .. if u know what I mean [8D]

hope to see you soon for the fall rides up here

Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM

cool, glad you got your camera working That's faster then i've ever been.

Quick Reply: I just couldn't help myself... (video)