Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

I guess my commute isn't so bad....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by regener8ed
what part?
most likely outside of raleigh - although i'm not for certain where. my wife got into this teaching program, and she could teach at any of 50 schools in eastern NC. i should know by the end of the first week of june. i'm excited though - mainly because of the motorcycling

Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
she could teach at any of 50 schools in eastern NC
shame, all the good hills are at the west end

Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by regener8ed
shame, all the good hills are at the west end
oh, i've already mapped out some good rides towards the deals gap.

hahaha

Old 05-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
oh, i've already mapped out some good rides towards the deals gap.

hahaha
I know this thread is a little old but just wanted to say I'm in the Hickory,NC area. I commute to Charlotte, yes on the bike to sometimes But yeah there's some ok roads around here, but like already mentioned all the good roads are towards the mountains. I'm a transplant from southern ohio and man oh man do I miss those rolling hills, curves, and switchbacks. Now I need a road trip to ohio lol.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tele1650
I know this thread is a little old but just wanted to say I'm in the Hickory,NC area. I commute to Charlotte, yes on the bike to sometimes But yeah there's some ok roads around here, but like already mentioned all the good roads are towards the mountains. I'm a transplant from southern ohio and man oh man do I miss those rolling hills, curves, and switchbacks. Now I need a road trip to ohio lol.
Have you seriously never rode in the mountains here in NC? Straight north and west of Hickory is some of the finest riding areas on the east coast, practically right in your back yard. SE Ohio does have some nice areas, but the roads here still hands down blow them away, lol

BTW I'm usually in Hickory every week, my dogs take the obedience classes at the PetSmart right there off 70 next to the Home Depot. We should meet up sometime!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi
Have you seriously never rode in the mountains here in NC? Straight north and west of Hickory is some of the finest riding areas on the east coast, practically right in your back yard. SE Ohio does have some nice areas, but the roads here still hands down blow them away, lol

BTW I'm usually in Hickory every week, my dogs take the obedience classes at the PetSmart right there off 70 next to the Home Depot. We should meet up sometime!
I've only had my new bike for about a month here in NC and haven't had a chance to get in the NC mtns. When I lived in Ohio and had my R6 I rode all over southern Ohio so I guess I'm partial to those roads right now. Nothing a trip to the high country of NC can't change. That's crazy I use to live a mile from the Home Depot. My wife and I moved to a different part of town but yeah it'd be cool to meet up.