Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Gap trip '07: LOTS of pics and ride report (long) *56k death*

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Gap trip '07: LOTS of pics and ride report (long) *56k death*

ORIGINAL: phishstyx

Great pics Jared, it was a blast riding with ya, and glad you made it home safely. After your move, we'll have to meet up sometime, where you are, cause the roads here are not near as fun.
Absolutely!! And I agree... FL SUCKS!! [:@]

It was a pleasure riding with you as well... hopefully we can again soon. I was just about to post the pics on CFLR

Old 09-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you was all around where I'm at lol. Dalton, GA. Nice good doc it all.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-13-2007, 10:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Killer documentary! You could write a book man. I love your pictures too, i think i speak for all of us when i say that i am extremely jealous of you and your trip. Congrats on the job!. And i was curious too, you have a corbin seat or somethin, changed your clip ons? The most i can go is about 50 miles w/o back surgery! Glad to hear everything went safe too. 105K miles makes me proud to ride red

Old 09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Ironmang

Thanks alot guys for the compliments on the pics... glad you all enjoyed!

For those that asked about the seat... it's completely stock, no corbin. Clip on's are also completely stock. I've been pondering the idea of a corbin though... everyone seems to speak highly of them. I've gotten so used to the stock though that it really doesn't bother me much I guess

Old 09-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

[sm=lol.gif] Nice avatar PG

Old 09-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for another fascinating trip, Jared! While reading through it the 2nd time I made the mistake of showing some pictures to my wife. She then began reading your story and I didn't get the laptop back for a half hour!

Drop me a PM if you ever plan on travelling through the St. Louis area. It has to be fairly close though, because after 100 miles I get a severe case of monkey butt and my wrists start begging for mercy!

Old 09-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: dienasty13

you have inspired me for my future trips to document them. you seem to know alot of people, do you know them from forums? Im very curious I love to travel on my bike, I just dont like to doit by myself so I guess I am just looking forideas for making it a fun adventure like you have oviously just done. hit me back let me know.
Oops... I forgot to answer a few questions [sm=imsorry.gif] Anyways, I've met tons of people all over the place through forums. I'm on damn near a dozen sportbike forums, and I think I've met at least 1 person from every one of them except a few of the recent ones I've joined or the ones I don't post on that much cuz they're really slow. Really a great way to network and meet other riders! Each roadtrip I usually try and meet a few new people, whether it by finding a new group ride somewhere, or just meeting a few peole individually. I know people all over FL, and met people in GA, VA, OH, IL, TN. Once you get on some forums and get out to some meets, you start meeting alot of people!

Old 09-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: terrible one

wow! do you get to go on a trip like every weekend? awesome pics prolly an amazing ride too
I usually try and go somewhere every weekend. I hate sitting at home doing nothing. Nothing like this trip, but I do alot of weekend trips up to central FL... Orlando, Lakeland, ect. The weekend before last my buddy and I rode up to the Kennedy Space Center, which was kick ***! LOL Then the next weekend I rode up to Orlando and met up with these same people I went on the trip with, we had a nice little ride up to Ocala exploring some new roads and whatnot. Fun times