Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

First time on the track!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time on the track!

Took Isabelle to Summit Point, WV yesterday for a mini track day. Signed up for an "intro" track day through NESBA, which is an awesome FREE deal they offer for people looking to try the track. You get to run the first two 20 minute sessions in the beginner group (full track day gets you 7 or 8 sessions) and you have the option afterwards to pay the full price and finish out the day. My roommate (red 600rr) signed up for the full track day and NatedieselF4i drove up to hang and check out the track.

The first two sessions were an absolute blast! I really wanted to sign up for the rest of the day, but I was already running out of steam by lunch. Both my roommate and I rode our bikes to and from the track (about 1.5 hours away) since neither of us have a vehicle that can tow a trailer. I do not recommend doing this, but we both survived and had a great day. Definitely finding a way tow the bikes there next time.

First session.

DammitMike at SummitPoint Main Track - YouTube

It was definitely intimidating at first, as you can see my butt is glued to that seat. On the last lap my clutch lever had this weird click to it when I shifted. I looked over at it and the bolt that holds the lever in was gone! That's why I threw my hand up and pulled off the track at the end. Luckily one of the venders had a spare bolt and nut that fit well enough to get me through the day. I made sure to loctite and torque that thing down.

Flipped the camera around for the second session. If you look closely, you can see me get passed by just about everyone in the group

DammitMike at SummitPoint Main Track - YouTube

Can't wait to go again and do a full day

Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your first track day! You'll never forget it!

Sounds like you had a great time & beneficial learning experience.

Riding every session (or almost every session) of a track day, will leave you pretty tired by end of day. Yep, you def want a way to haul your bikes for a full day. Not to mention, if something goes wrong & you crash your bike, you've got a way to get both you & the bike home.

So, you're hooked then? ;-)

Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 PM

What a wonderful great youtube channel Mike.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Congrats on your first track day! You'll never forget it!

Sounds like you had a great time & beneficial learning experience.

Riding every session (or almost every session) of a track day, will leave you pretty tired by end of day. Yep, you def want a way to haul your bikes for a full day. Not to mention, if something goes wrong & you crash your bike, you've got a way to get both you & the bike home.

So, you're hooked then? ;-)
Thanks, I'm definitely hooked. The guy at registration told me it would be the most fun I could have with my clothes on. He was absolutely right, already looking to sign up for my next one.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 AM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Really cool Mike. Congrats!

Its all right you got passed, w.e... it was your first time!