no track and no time

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no track and no time

hey guy`s i know u say to save it 4 the track but what if u don`t have one near buy and can`t afford to miss work 2 head out every so often 4 track days? does this we can`t own this type of bike and have a little fun when traffic lets us.just cause i go a little fast and try to lean futher and futher maybe touch (or come close )knee dosn`t mean that we`re riding irresponsable!!most guy`s that i talk 2 have certin roads and times 2 pull off stupid stunts like these knowing the consqences 4 it and keeping public saftey as well as own in mind--I know u`ll call me stupid but i have a certin road on the way home from work on weekend mornings around 5am that i try 2 break my personal speed(a long strech with 2 possable strike points)-at 160-and think i`m satisfied 4 along time--but only do it if things look and feel right !!!anyways don`t want 2 sound like a d!(k but am i the only one that thinks if i wanted to cruise i would have got a cruiser!!!!! I like the the rocket gives me-

Old 09-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Default RE: no track and no time

I'm like you. No track near me, can't miss two days of work etc etc.

But after work (about an hour after actually) I head down to the local business park after everyone has gone home at 5 and i tear *** around there. It's like my own private track filled with corners and carousels and clean lines and no one around for HOURS to slow me down or make me worry about. it's just me and the road and the only thing i have to worry about is my entry speed.

I have a long stretch of empty county highway i like to crack it open as well. i know it by heart. wide open fields to the right and left, clean roads, zero traffic, no side roads. safe. i love the feeling of speed for long distances. exhilarating!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 AM

https://cbrforum.com/m_97093/tm.htm

be careful ur new to the machine be scared of it and everything around u

Old 09-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense to the post above, but DON'T be scared of your bike. That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. RESPECT it and DON'T ride outside your skill level. Know yourself, know your bike. If you're scared of it, you'll ride nervously and eventually wreck because of hesitation. Just be careful and make sure you know your surrounding. I fool around sometimes at the industrial park ouside of town. Long stretches of road with no traffic, no buildings, nothing. Great for messing around with a couple of friends.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:30 PM

I think tweak meant to respect it and some fear can actually be healthy...you know...like the fear of falling will prevent a normal person from just jumping off a cliff...

The original post reminds me of my 5 year old trying to find ways to make sure it's ok to have candy when she knows she can't...usually candy won't maim or kill you, so keep that in mind and steal your freaking candy if you want, but don't come "cryning" (mix of crying and whining) when you jack you or your bike up.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, sorry if it came out kind of harsh. But normal fear and being SCARED are two different things:

The normal fear of falling, getting into an accident, dropping your bike, having another Democratic president, etc (lol). Yeah, that's all normal, and everyone has those fears.

---BUT----

But, if you are SCARED of your bike, you have no place riding it. A few months back, a guy I knew from my store bought a bike. He was so scared riding it home that when a car honked a few car links behind him, he paniced, swerved and hit a curb, wrecking his new bike. This is being scared. This is what I thought tweak was talking about. Sorry if I misunderstood, but that's how the post read out to me.

Old 09-18-2006, 02:02 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

having another Democratic president, etc (lol).
+1 lol [8D]

But, if you are SCARED of your bike, you have no place riding it. A few months back, a guy I knew from my store bought a bike. He was so scared riding it home that when a car honked a few car links behind him, he paniced, swerved and hit a curb, wrecking his new bike. This is being scared. This is what I thought tweak was talking about. Sorry if I misunderstood, but that's how the post read out to me.
yeah but right at the begining i think even fear is a good thing for new riders.......it keeps them from getting in traffic they dont need to be in, speeds they dont need to be at.....respect comes after they were scared starts to fade and as they see their first new rider friend who's not scared or respectful of the bike as he plows into a "non-squishable"

Today i stop at a gas station and the gas station attendent was like hey man you do stand ups or anything. Im like uuuuum......no, hes like no tricks nothing.....NO ...I like the curves ......"whats your top speed how fast do you go through the S- curves and by this point ive already decided i never want to see this guy again ......he tells me the horror stories of crashes hes had no respect for the bike he asked my number yeah he got somebodys number but not mine!

Old 09-18-2006, 02:22 AM

actually fear makes me work on my technique everychance i get......

Old 09-18-2006, 02:29 AM

Especially if you are pushing out into traffic on a two lane and you forget that you know how to countersteer(not like in a car), until you use it and you just saved your own life.

RIDE SMART, RIDE HARD

Old 09-21-2006, 12:32 AM

I go to this place I like to call the Tail of the Lizard. It's about two miles long with 12 turns and all the turns are different. The best part is that it's a road that has vertually no traffic. I just go through it back and forth over and over. It's fun.