Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Cruising around Finnish countryside! Mattson`s vids.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:22 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also have that ball on top of the rack box, but the lid flexes too much and the film is all jerky, and not high enough so all it shows is my sculptural posterior... That suck cup thing is good because it can be put on any place straight and rigid enough to hold it, the mount itself enables fastening onto almost any position. I also have a 6" shaft for it, but that 3" takes steadier video.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Got another one, this one is filmed at abut 5:20 am, on my way to work, at about 43f...(the nights are still pretty chilly here...) This is the Pulkkila Ridge I`ve been talking about. Some can propably even recognise the Karisalmi bridge from the photos I`ve posted here. I had to cut the film a little short, because I had a little mishap about 200yards after the blackout: the suction cup gave and the camera dropped... Apparently the Rollei Actioncam 100 is a pretty tuff little bugger, it ripped from it`s mount (that`s why the zip ties in the pic) but other than a few scratches in the rubber outer casing, it`s perfectly fine. If it had rolled about 15ft more, it would have gone swimming with the fishies, but luckily stopped right before that...

Would have gotten a better view from a helmet mount, but since the camera is screwed into the ram-mount I couldn`t get it off, but along the ridge, you basically are never farther from water than about 300ft on either side, and can see the lake almost all the times. It`s a really beautiful area, and it`s a part of the lake Päijänne National park, so you cannot build there anymore, so the cottages already there are insanely expensive (there`s a daycruiser in almost every pier...)

got these one morning when I was going to work with my car:

Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice roads...I like the amount of traffic.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:27 AM

One of the perks of going to work so early... Try getting to Lahti with about 10000 others at 6:30, ALL the motorway ramps and incoming roads are just packed with cars

Old 06-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

mattson, are you looking for a roommate? i may want to move to Finland!!! super cool country...

Old 06-04-2012, 12:37 PM

Hehe, thanks! I just happen to live in the lake area of the country. If you go east near the Russian border the scenery gets a lot more foresty with fewer lakes, west there are enormous ridges sculpted by the ice age, and in the north is the wilderness of Lapland. Big height differences, but zero mountains because of the ice age.

And 74demon, your mind might change when there`s 5 feet of snow and the temp drops around -22f, with around 8 hours of daylight during the day, in the northern lapland, there`s a time of year when the sun doesn`t rise AT ALL. And visa versa, in the same areas at midsummer, it doesn`t go down at all for a few weeks or so...

I just watched these from youtube and thought I`d might post them here for you to see too. Made me laugh, I`ve never tasted most of the foods presented here. (note the apalling english skill of most finns...)

Last edited by Mattson; 06-04-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

i'll just move back to cali in the winter.....

Old 06-13-2012, 02:49 PM

Not a video this time, just something I bought today to film new ones:

Some might say the decals are a bit feminine, but I think they look pretty cool... The major things that influenced the purchase decision was that it was crap cheap (50e), it has a fully detachable inner structure so I could fix a ram-mount ball in the back of it, and it color-matches my bike...

Took the Airoh with me too when I went to a little filming trip today, had to give them both a proper scrub when I got home, there was a ton of little bugs on both of them!

Gotta go through the material I filmed today if I could scrape up a video of them, gonna take some time though cause there is almost an hour of film...

Old 06-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's quite the camera mount.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 AM

Finally got the time to go on a little trip yesterday and found this fun little road I`ve never driven before. The camera angle is not perfect cause there`s no display in it so it`s always guesswork to get it in a good position. Also filmed another clip, but adjusted the camera a litle before taking it and accidentally turned it down a little too much... Gonna see if that one would be showable, if not, hoping it would be sunny next weekend so I could go get it again. Loading in youtube really takes a huge bite out of the video quality, the original is way sharper... Also noticed no matter if you ride like your pants are on fire the outcome looks sooo like I`m just taking a relaxed little cruise...

Maakeski Padasjoki - YouTube

Sheesh, that camera is HEAVY when it`s mounted at the end of that shaft...