Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Cop pulls gun on rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most stops are filmed nowadays... by the cop's cruiser. Good luck getting that tape if its incriminating in the least towards the officer
Yep.
Remember when I mentioned getting a gun shoved in my face on a speeding stop once? He threatened me with the cam if I didn't pay my speeding ticket on time like a good boy....lol..

Here's the story:
There's a straight stretch about 3/4mile long coming out of a small town near here. It's 35 that goes to 55mph. Mostly corn fields, but there are two old industrial buildings just out of town (apparently cops like to sit in between them to hide).
I had just gotten some work done to my car and decided to hit this stretch.
About 1/2mile into it, I look in my mirror and see a cop, lights flashing, about 200yrds behind me. I pull over in a storage unit parking lot along side of the road and wait.
The cop flies by me doing probably 100mph. I sit and wait.
He turns around, pulls in perpendicular to me, throws the door open and uses it like a shield, with his gun on my head. (cop movie style! )
He's screaming about seeing my hands, etc.. and honestly, it scared the living chit out of me....LOL..
He ends up writing me a speeding ticket for going 50 in a 35 and says that I better pay the ticket or he'll bring his dash cam to court and charge me with fleeing and eluding!!!
He was just embarrassed because he didn't see me pull over and he blew by me. That's all there is to it.
I paid the ticket and moved on, but I would have LOVED to take it to court just to see what happened. I bet that video was HILARIOUS!!
(I think it may have caught me saying "Chill the fck out, man!! Holy chit!!"....with my hands in the air.... LMAO!)

Old 04-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Most stops are filmed nowadays... by the cop's cruiser. Good luck getting that tape if its incriminating in the least towards the officer
not talking about the cops camera.. im talkin about every citizen filming the stop... and no chit , the cops not gonna hand anything over that wood bring problems down on him or his department..

Old 04-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
if you were to even try and pull a gun on that cop yood be in a coffin....fact
Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Dam right he would have been. LOL..
Ever try to get your gun out in full gear? Yeah, you're pretty much toast unless you practice every day like a ninja and open carry it.
Duly noted guys. I wouldnt assume I could do anything like that either.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:04 AM

The big concern is the revenge tactics used by the cops. They obviously knew they were wrong and getting filmed and shown to the public, they were pissed! The confiscation of his stuff and the additional charges are a revenge and scare tactic designed to get back at him and warn others that they need to bow down and serve the interest of the obviously superior police officers. That is not the design of our government! That is the design of a communist government. In my opinion, anyone involved in the additional charges should be fired! One mistake is bad....... learn from it....... but seek revenge for your wrong doing as a public official.......Unforgivable!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rod38um
The big concern is the revenge tactics used by the cops. They obviously knew they were wrong and getting filmed and shown to the public, they were pissed! The confiscation of his stuff and the additional charges are a revenge and scare tactic designed to get back at him and warn others that they need to bow down and serve the interest of the obviously superior police officers. That is not the design of our government! That is the design of a communist government. In my opinion, anyone involved in the additional charges should be fired! One mistake is bad....... learn from it....... but seek revenge for your wrong doing as a public official.......Unforgivable!
I agree 110% Rod. This kind of activity is aimed to squash any kind of free thought, accountability and justice and should absolutely NOT be tolerated.

No one is free from the corruption that power brings and no one should be above the law -- on either side.

Old 05-09-2010, 12:32 AM

my father is a cop, state trooper actually, in kentucky. he said proper police procedure says that the gun is to be pulled as a last resort or if the officer is in fear of his life. and he also said, after seeing this video, that the cop is in the wrong there, because he did not announce that he was a cop until he pretty much was out of the car and had ahold of the guy, which was illegal, he was supposed to say police! or IM A COP! BEFORE he even pulled his gun. and why is it illegal for him to record the cop but not illegal for the cops to record him/us? we have a right to have proof of our side of things, whehter it be video or paper. i think the kid has a helluva strong case against the officer or the state, and i think he should push it to the max, sue for a few million, and get the hell outta that maryland lol just ,u 2 cents

Old 05-09-2010, 02:33 AM

wait if he didnt know he was a Cop then why did he stop in the first place? If an unmarked car pulled in front of me like that and came out I would blitz

Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
wait if he didnt know he was a Cop then why did he stop in the first place? If an unmarked car pulled in front of me like that and came out I would blitz
He knew it was a cop once the other marked car followed up. If you see when he swings the camera back for a sec, there's a regular cop car there.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 AM

Well in my opinion IF it is illegal to record someone in that state (or any state) when you're recording and some "Barney Fife" unidentified, undercover cop jumps out and pulls a gun, you wouldn't have time to stop recording! what if the guy had reached up to cut the camera off, the cop that gung ho would have "assumed" he was going for a weapon and would have probably shot him anyway. Some cops do not need to be behind a badge or especially a gun. There was an incident here in Birmingham where there was a high speed chase and the guy finally runs the vehicle off in a ditch and gets thrown out. he was unconscious and the video shows that he WAS NOT MOVING and about 3 cops run over to him and startkicking and punching him. No matter what had transpired prior to the accident it still did not justify those actions by the cops. there was some other controversy surrounding that video being edited before the DA got it.