Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Cop pulls gun on rider

Old 04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cop pulls gun on rider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjjF...eature=related

Mind you, this is edited. A longer length video follows, where we can see the rider's more squidly behavior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7PC9cZEWCQ&NR=1

But... the story gets stranger. The rider now faces prison time for illegally recording the officer. Here's the story, click the video in the upper right:

Motorcyclist Charged for Recording

Old 04-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I most likely would have taken off when some random dude hopped out of his car and was reaching in his waist band.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There were about 50 reasons why I will never live in MD.
Now there are 51.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He only turned his head once to check his six and pulled over immediately. Without a soundtrack, it is hard to say how long the marked car with the flashing lights was behind him or if they used the siren. The mirrors give you a great view of your elbows. If he is guilty of something it is bad judgement. Speeding and stunting calls way too much attention to yourself especially if the bike is fire engine red!
Did the trooper need to pull his gun? Was he even on duty?
It is a very short slice of someones riding career to judge and come up with anything but more questions...
So what were the charges?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dunno what charges they hit him with on the stop. But apparently in Maryland it's illegal to record someone's voice without their consent. And they're trying to throw the entire library at him (max sentence: 5 years) for the recording.

That's prolly a pressure / vengence tactic for using YouTube to embarrass the dept / officer.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:51 PM

honestly the ridder wasnt really messing around. i count once that he got up on one wheel but for the most part it seamed like he was with the flow of traffic. if someone were to pull up next to me and draw a gun you bet your *** ill pull my weapon out. the officer wasnt in uniform and the car was unmarked but i cant tell if its his personal car or unmarked police car b/c he has no lights on. in pa even unmarked cruisers that pull you over have hidden lights in the grill and rear tails.

and as far as recorded the officer, in public you can video and take pictures of whatever is in public at any time. isnt that somewhere along the lines of right to free press? paparatizzi (sp) do it all the time.

honestly from what i can tell this guy should get hit with maybe a speeding ticket and wreckless driving. not 5 years in jail. my .02

Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tooo squidly for me. There is a time and place to do that, and that was not the place . Maybe I am showing my age, but back in the day I would not have exited my car with my gun drawn. Just for speeding and doing wheelies. Even though they thought us in the academy that you treat every stop as the were a mass murder.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Nex

Okay, so he was speeding for sure, and did some swerving between cars I would not have, but what gave the undercover the right to pull a weapon and just grab his bike like that? I'm with Fenatic, some random guy hops out of a car with no lights, and street clothes and reaches for a gun, I'd probobly have got the Heck out of there!

*EDIT* I guess I missed when he had it up on one wheel....but the whole recording issue is a joke! It's obvious that he didn't do it intentionally, he was out trying to record his ride!

Last edited by Nex; 04-14-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:59 PM

I most likely would have taken off when some random dude hopped out of his car and was reaching in his waist band.

unmarked car, no uniform, reaching for a gun... in that split second i'm thinking robbery and getting the hell out of there

Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usetheffours

unmarked car, no uniform, reaching for a gun... in that split second i'm thinking robbery and getting the hell out of there
But I hope I don't put my self in that situation

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cop pulls gun on rider