Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Cop pulls gun on rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF was that cop intending to do with that weapon anyway?? Shoot the dude if he ran?? Give me a ****ing break. The dude was clearly not trying to evade, as he was coming to a stop with traffic. Pull him over and ticket him like every other traffic stop. I'd love to know that officer's name, I'd bet he's been accused of excessive force or will be over the next few years.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:11 AM

Well the cops have a mess don't they. If they videotape you in a traffic stop thats ok you don't sign any releases for that. When their actions get questioned well you can't tape that. Yes they do have audio tape as well as video tape. What's an unmarked car doing making a traffic stop anyway especially in plain clothes? I believe that the cop was way out of line. It looks like a Rodney King thing.
Great comment on the news story that brings a great point, imo. At least until he tried to compare it to Rodney King....

Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, first off that cop was YAY in the wrong. he should have had identification out so it could be seen. Just some strange unmarked car pulling that close to my bike I wouldve backed up too like the biker here did. And pulling the gun? WTF. No freaking way, what harm does that rider pose to the cop NONE PLUS there is a officer in the patrol car behind him. With a good lawer he could get off on everything except the speeding. The recording happend prior to the biker being pulled over and it wouldv'e been a unsafe act to turn to off prior to stopping so that can be thrown out easy. That cop was all jacked up, FIRST you id yourself then give commands. he just got too hyped up and is a idiot. If i did that as a cop in florida id probally lose my job. What right did he have to pull the gun. His life WAS NOT in danger.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 AM

if a cop pulls a gun , cant he use it ? if the rider went to leave , wood the cop be justified in shooting him? lots of problems with the whole thing. in the end busted is busted, but to have a gun pulled on you for speeding or the occasionally one-wheel, scarry. I dont think anyone wood have the time to back up and leave that situation, without getting pushed off the road, tackled or shot. Bad cop,no donut

Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 AM

no he cant shoot him. the rider isnt using deadly force so neither can the officer

Originally Posted by bambam
Bad cop,no donut
+1

Last edited by bubba_finch07; 04-15-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
no he cant shoot him. the rider isnt using deadly force so neither can the officer

+1
bubba, so in that situation, the gun was just for show? i was always been told that a gun drawn is a gun that can be used(fired). and if the rider left the cop and scene the cop could say he felt threatend and that the rider tried to hit him. Remember the shooting here in jax where the cops opened fire on a carjacked car with the lady and two kids in it, they were injured. cops will get off with a simple "we felt threatened". i have the utmost respect for the police , but worried how fast things spiral out of control.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 AM

God damn, guys. If you ride like that in MD you should expect smth like that. Go to a track to show what u really can do with your throttle or at least find an empty parking lot or a deserted road. Although I am usually stand hard for fellow riders but this time I vote for a cop. Next time this guy will behave safer. Cops dont just pull their guns without the cause. This guy did smth wrong. Not quite obvious from the video though.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Look, I've come on strong here supporting the stiff fines for wheelies and calling people who wheelie on roads idiots. But one wheelie and doing 15 over (that's what he was cited for, 80 in a 65) is not anything to pull a gun over... especially when it was clear that this dude was making no effort to run.

The issue is not the guy being ticketed, it's the behavior of the plain clothes officer.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cops dont just pull their guns without the cause.
Really?? I had a gun shoved in my face by a Barney Fife cop once for speeding in my car. It was 100% unjustified.
How about Rodney King? I'm sure since they were police who beat him senseless, they had a good reason for what they did....
After all, police are always really really super good people who are all going to heaven because they're so right and just!! lol...

I very highly doubt that the rider in this case is gonna be convicted for illegally taping the officer.
There is usually a reasonable expectation of privacy etc. in cases like this, and I don't believe that the officer has it considering he is a public servant performing his duties at the time of recording.
Obviously (as with any case) there can be some rather gray areas with wiretap and consent laws, etc. etc. but I would think Troy McClure would even have a good shot at getting this case dropped.

It appears to me that it's more of a power move by the department in question because they're upset at being embarrassed and youtubed, and are looking to teach this rider a lesson.
The lesson?
You're gonna spend some serious cash if you even want to TRY and beat us. Now if you'd rather save your house and job.... kiss some azz..... and remove the vid from youtube, well.... we can handle it that way, too.

On the issue of the officer pulling a gun on the rider... it seemed completely unnecessary to me.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM

What would have happened if, like many of you on this forum, this particular rider was CCW??? The same fight of flight rules apply when you get cornered and possibly attaked (like the police love to use)?? Imagine if this guy were to have unloaded on the cop. Further more, the threat to the rider was in front of him. Police say that the presence of the cruiser behind him was a tell that it was legit, but scary man getting out of car would have my inmediate attention... just my .02.

Be safe out there (with everybody!!hehe)

Quick Reply: Cop pulls gun on rider