Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

But I just went out to buy an oil filter, I swear!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default But I just went out to buy an oil filter, I swear!

... and I really have no idea how I ended up here [sm=innoc.gif]

Name:  DSC03304.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  155.9 KB

But hey, who an I to argue, right? It was a nice day... sunny and about 60 degrees, so I kept on going. A few more pics from today...

It's that time of year, all the trees are changing colors and leaves are falling, so I took a lil trip through the Sumter National Forest in S.C. The view was absolutely beautiful!! This is one of those little things that I took for granted the 20 years I lived in Illinois, but then really missed seeing every year once I moved down to FL. So I really enjoyed getting out and seeing the natural beauty of the changing seasons

These first few were still in GA
Name:  DSC03292.jpg
Size:  153.7 KB

Name:  DSC03294.jpg
Size:  141.8 KB

Name:  DSC03295.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  166.1 KB

That nice little windy road I was on, that I was gonna take across the state line, came to an abrupt end right before it. Turned to a dirt road, then dead ended. But towards the end I did find this.... the Georgia Power hydro plant

Just looking at the design of the building, this place has gotta be really really OLD! It's out in the middle of NOWHERE too! I only saw 1 house anywhere in the vacinity, and it was right next to this place practically
Name:  DSC03298.jpg
Size:  67.3 KB

Made my way into S.C.... Rt. 76 is an awesome road! I gotta go back and explore there again when I have more time
Name:  DSC03306.jpg
Size:  138.4 KB

Name:  DSC03307.jpg
Size:  142.3 KB

My faithful companion [sm=loveeyes.gif]
Name:  DSC03309.jpg
Size:  177.4 KB

Name:  DSC03314.jpg
Size:  147.1 KB

Name:  DSC03315.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  89.7 KB

Name:  DSC03316.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  127.1 KB

Name:  DSC03317.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  DSC03318.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  125.5 KB

Now what was it I went out for again today??? Oh yea... oil filter.... got it!!
Name:  DSC03322.jpg
Size:  35.1 KB

That's all.... the sun went down, and it got cold and dark, so I came home. I wasn't wearing my leathers, so I was FREEEEZZZING on the way back (mid 40's). I had fun though, just wish I would have had more time to play. This dark at 6:00 stuff sucks!! I got a late start though cuz I had to wait for the appliance dude to come out and fix my refrigerator today, so I didn't leave until almost 1:00.

Heading up to the mountains to play tomorrow morning! God it's like Disney World in my back yard up here, I love it! LOL

Old 11-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: But I just went out to buy an oil filter, I swear!

aaaaaaaaah i hate you! hahaha, man....you seem to have so much time to ride! great pics, and looks like you had a very nice scenic ride Jared.

you're bike is looking great. have you ever thought of getting wing shadows? i think if you chose the right color, they'd really make those red wings pop on that bike!

Old 11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

the natural beauty of the changing seasons
I'll take the natural beauty of that Hindle high-mount any day over a bunch of wilting trees! lol Man, that thing is pure sex.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:39 PM

haha, man, that is how you rack up those miles!

Old 11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

the natural beauty of the changing seasons
I'll take the natural beauty of that Hindle high-mount any day over a bunch of wilting trees! lol Man, that thing is pure sex.
Why thank you!! I LOVE that pipe!! I have a Jardine too that I bought, had it on there for one day and took it back off, put the Hindle back on. It's really hard to beat that deep mellow tone of a Hindle, plus the titanium finish is kick ***. The midpipe is still the Jardine though, that's why the band doesn't wrap around the pipe in the right spot. But the best part out it, was that it was FREEEEE!! Insurance company bought me that pipe, only thing was I had to get rear ended by a rich old guy in a new benz first

J I've thought about the wing shadows before.... still thinking about doing it! I do like them, just never seen them on my color combo so not sure how it'd look. I might have to give it a shot though.... we'll see!

Hatebreed... it's true, my secret it out.... I just get lost alot! [&:] hahahah Nah just messin.... this trip was actually planned out before I left, I've been wanting to get over to SC for awile since I've been to every state around SC but always somehow seemed to miss SC, lol. 12 down, 37 to go!

Old 11-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what mountain you riding to tomorrow? I'll be on Fort Mtn after church tomorrow.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Ironmang

I'm not sure the exact plan yet... going with a group from BSB/GSB. Probably doing 'the loop', as everyone seems to call it. We're meeting at the top of GA 400, where it ends at 60, at the Shell station around 10:00.

Where's Fort Mtn at? What time you planning on being there approx?

Old 11-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

U never cease to impress us all, lxi. Absolutely love your posts. Nice pics as always!

Old 11-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure the exact plan yet... going with a group from BSB/GSB. Probably doing 'the loop', as everyone seems to call it. We're meeting at the top of GA 400, where it ends at 60, at the Shell station around 10:00.

Where's Fort Mtn at? What time you planning on being there approx?
Fort Mtn is chatsworth to ellajay on hwy52. Yea there one group off GSB planning on riding it and I'm not sure what else. Prolly be between 1 - 2pm by the time I get out of church n get home, gear up n get up there.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:09 PM

Wisconsin blows, stupid 30 degrees and clouds. =( Looks like a fun trip!

Quick Reply: But I just went out to buy an oil filter, I swear!