Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

But I just went out to buy an oil filter, I swear!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: But I just went out to buy an oil filter, I swear!

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

I'm not sure the exact plan yet... going with a group from BSB/GSB. Probably doing 'the loop', as everyone seems to call it. We're meeting at the top of GA 400, where it ends at 60, at the Shell station around 10:00.

Where's Fort Mtn at? What time you planning on being there approx?
Fort Mtn is chatsworth to ellajay on hwy52. Yea there one group off GSB planning on riding it and I'm not sure what else. Prolly be between 1 - 2pm by the time I get out of church n get home, gear up n get up there.
Ahhh alright cool.... well maybe I'll see ya around up there! We'll see which way we head. 52 is badass... I was up there when I was up here over labor day

Old 11-10-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UR a lucky ****!!!!! Sik pix. Is there still a drought where UR at???? Save water drink beer!

Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: 13brsxsrr

UR a lucky ****!!!!! Sik pix. Is there still a drought where UR at???? Save water drink beer!
Thanks!!

And yup... still in a drought, it sucks! I've actually been having problems with my water all week. I live out in the sticks, and my house is on well water. That's usually great, only problem is, the well lately has been running dry... literally [:-] Multiple times now my water has gone out, and I've gone for several days without any running water in my house. But if I just baby it along it's usually OK.... I can't do any large loads of laundry, can't take showers longer than 10-15 mins, etc... otherwise it'll run the well dry. Just gotta use a little bit at a time and give the well some time to replenish. I shut off the power to the well pump when I go to bed or leave for work in the morning. It sucks when the well runs dry cuz then the pump looses prime, and it's a PITA to get it going again

The well people are coming in 2 weeks to drill a new well (this one isn't that deep... 17 ft), but they can't come for 2 weeks. They have 30 wells to drill before mine... everybodys well is going dry! They said they've been seeing the same thing all over the place.... sad. We need alot of rain... really bad!!

Old 11-11-2007, 12:42 AM

That sux bro and I know my sorry won't help you shower or doUR laundry but for what it's worth I'm sorry. U guy's didn't get any relief from Noel when it passed thru??? Gotta keep da faith playa.............I pray that everythin will be alight down south.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:28 AM
VP

its okay guys sonny purdue is praying for rain... last time he did that it rained the next day
[sm=smiley21.gif]

Old 11-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sucks when the well runs dry cuz then the pump looses prime, and it's a PITA to get it going again
One quick suggestion on the well pump losing prime... - We had this problem at the lake all spring - every time we returned, it had air in the system and wouldn't prime - had to crawl into the basement crawlspace and release the air in the top of the pump. - Wound up putting a 1/4 turn ball valve on the pump and spring loaded it (bungee cord) - Added a strategic rope and voila - when we need to prime it we just open the trapdoor, pull the cord - let the air out and after a minute or two of running away it goes - release the cord and it snaps shut again.

Saved several trips to the dungeon.

Nice photos! - Must be great to have all that free time... - Take advantage of it as long as you can!

Old 11-11-2007, 08:45 PM

Nice looking roads you got there...Now get out and tear 'em up!
RB

Old 11-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: mycvil

It sucks when the well runs dry cuz then the pump looses prime, and it's a PITA to get it going again
One quick suggestion on the well pump losing prime... - We had this problem at the lake all spring - every time we returned, it had air in the system and wouldn't prime - had to crawl into the basement crawlspace and release the air in the top of the pump. - Wound up putting a 1/4 turn ball valve on the pump and spring loaded it (bungee cord) - Added a strategic rope and voila - when we need to prime it we just open the trapdoor, pull the cord - let the air out and after a minute or two of running away it goes - release the cord and it snaps shut again.

Saved several trips to the dungeon.

Nice photos! - Must be great to have all that free time... - Take advantage of it as long as you can!
Cool... thanks for the tip, that's a good idea!

Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: FNQuickF2

Nice looking roads you got there...Now get out and tear 'em up!
RB
Oh believe me I have been! Spent most of the day today playing up in the mountains

Old 11-12-2007, 04:18 PM

nice mang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think i'll go out for some oil filters soon too!

Quick Reply: But I just went out to buy an oil filter, I swear!