Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Bike hit bicycle at Mulholland

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cBrentb
if people get hit while riding bicycles on certain roads its their own fault.
Oh, bull****. If some idiot driver, biker, etc., hits a cyclist on a road when the cyclist has the right of way, as clearly was the case in this video, 100% of the accident falls on the operator of the motor vehicle. I hope the motorcycle rider in this case gets his butt handed to him by the judge when he ends up in court and that the cyclists have a good attorney who will sue this guy for everything he can get out of him.

As far as riding against traffic being safer, that is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read in the years I've been on here. Ask yourself how much time a driver coming around a bend has to react to an object that is coming AT him, versus one that is moving away FROM him.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM
June 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah well when your riding/walking against traffic you can see the **** coming at you. Doing so puts yourself in control of getting out of the way instead of leaving it up to others.

I do agree that it is the stupid *** sport rider is def at fault here. Clearly looks like there was plenty of time to miss the bikes not like he was riding the limits just wasnt paying attention to what the f**k he was doing.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 PM

yes, motorcyclist was at fault by laws and rules ect ect. i see the point. in a perfect world thats ok. but first, i need to specify what bicycle im riding on to explain to people better. im riding on a road/ mountain bike wich has thicker tires so i can ride three to five feet off the road when cars are approaching what ever direction im traveling in, i get off the road when cars are aproaching, it seems to be the smarter thing to do. people who ride strickly road bikes on highways are free to do so, ride at your own risk. thats one of those unspoken, common sense type things. as soon as i strap my feet into my bicycle peddles and hit the road I am responsible for my own safty more than anyone else if im riding my strickly road bike, im riding country roads with hardly no traffic, again it seems to be the smart thing to do.

yep, driving laws are there to keep people from getting hurt. and motorist are supposed to yeild right of way and not practice distracted driving also motorcyclist are supposed to know how to ride...looks good on paper but, doesnt happen. im not trusting other motorist with MY OWN safty and putting the responsibility on them. the way i ride or drive anything is definatly defensive and one hundred percent responsibility is on me NOT OTHERS. seems to be the smart thing to do.

if you have a frame of mind where you get out on the highways with vehicles that weigh thousands of pounds vs a bicycle and you think that all motorist should get out of the way and yeild you are going to get hurt or killed eventually. that is fact. consider yourself lucky if you havnt. again, cycling is part of my life and i love it, im not willing to die for it though. i debate no more, lol.

Last edited by cBrentb; 05-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
"A"
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The law is the law, all vehicle stay to the right side of the road; and bicycles are vehicles.

Just because there are more motorized vehicles on the road doesn't make them anymore deserving to be on the road.

Riding bicycle against traffic flow for better visibility for other vehicle operator is just wrong, not to mention illegal.

I've pedalled over 20k miles on public roads since I was a teenger, stay to the right side of the road, never once gotten hit by another motorized vehicle from behind.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 PM

with all respect, ok hard headed lol, you ride the roads and take a chance of getting hit and i'll stay the hell off the roads and never have to worry about it. any random person (cyclist or not) who you ask about will say people are dumb as hell to ride cycles on the road and share the lanes with motorist. luck has been on your side so far.

cyclist crosses my path not paying attention while im on the road im not leaving the road to get hurt to save the cyclist ***. that cyclist will be on strecher going to emergency room pulling out a red cbr fender out there *** like the brainiac in the video. and i'll get up walk away and come to emergency room to retrieve my fender out ur *** myself. its people like this who miss the point and end up hurt. done with this thread son

Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM
"A"

Originally Posted by cBrentb
with all respect, ok hard headed lol, you ride the roads and take a chance of getting hit and i'll stay the hell off the roads and never have to worry about it. any random person (cyclist or not) who you ask about will say people are dumb as hell to ride cycles on the road and share the lanes with motorist. luck has been on your side so far.

cyclist crosses my path not paying attention while im on the road im not leaving the road to get hurt to save the cyclist ***. that cyclist will be on strecher going to emergency room pulling out a red cbr fender out there *** like the brainiac in the video. and i'll get up walk away and come to emergency room to retrieve my fender out ur *** myself. its people like this who miss the point and end up hurt. done with this thread son
Comments like these simply makes you unfit for public roads, where all are suppose to follow rules, son.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Gentlemen, that's enough with the round and round comments on riding bicycles. It was not the intended topic of discussion for this thread and now it's starting to get ugly.

The video is a perfect example of target fixation. Let's keep the discussion there. Any further derogatory comments, and all the posts go bye bye.

Last edited by 74demon; 05-02-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 PM
"A"

I think it's more important to advocate the safety of public roads than just target fixation.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:43 PM

I'm not convinced its target fixation. In looking at the video he seems surprised by the cyclist. He is not looking far enough down the road to begin with prior to spotting the cyclist. Then he gets freaked out and forgets that he can lean more to make the turn and avoid the cyclist.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Strek
I'm not convinced its target fixation. In looking at the video he seems surprised by the cyclist. He is not looking far enough down the road to begin with prior to spotting the cyclist. Then he gets freaked out and forgets that he can lean more to make the turn and avoid the cyclist.
I'm sure he wasn't looking far enough ahead. He seemed to be just fine, until he saw the bicycles, then he couldn't see anything but them. The change in his line from perfect to right at them and off the road shows that.

Quick Reply: Bike hit bicycle at Mulholland