Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Another crash from another friend

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup frank is the camera man. An I feel I should add that the dealer he took it to "totaled" a part if it had a scratch on it.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Frank Lee
His bike hit the sign first, then he hit the sign. The sign actually broke below where the breakaway is supposed to happen.

I dont look at my speedo until after Im done with the corner, but IIRC we were hitting these at about 50-60. It was a 20MPH posted 90 degree corner, we hit a few just like it before this one.

The bike was checked out by a shop, and it was an estimated 10k in damage. Honestly the bike is not in that bad of shape, we ended up zip-tying the plastics together and he finished the ride.
So did he impact the post, or the bike split it then he went through the split?
You guys are braver than me, hitting a 20 mph suggested 90 at 50-60 mph. I'm a relatively new rider, but at that speed I'd think you should be hanging off. There is one 15 mph 90 I see almost every time I ride that's banked and I hate it, always slow way down.
That's a high estimate, I guess the damage is mostly cosmetic then?

Old 05-06-2012, 03:52 PM

wow 10K is a whole new bike around here...

Old 05-06-2012, 11:30 PM

That is what happens when people are worried about how far they are leaning and how cool they look versus how to get through the corner. I mean look at how he counters the bike with his body through the whole turn.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso
That is what happens when people are worried about how far they are leaning and how cool they look versus how to get through the corner. I mean look at how he counters the bike with his body through the whole turn.
As I said I believe it had to do with bad body position and misjudging the corner. Don’t believe it had anything to do with if he thought it looked cool or not. If that was the case wouldn’t he be squided out in his cargo shorts, bro polo shirt and helmet hanging off the side of his bike so he could ware his sunglasses and so he won’t mess up his hair. Hes been riding for awhile he made a mistake and it bit him, remember if you’re in the game long enough it’s not if you crash it’s when.
As for the damage estimate being as high as it is the dealership he brought it to “totaled out” any part that had a scratch on it regardless, they also quoted all OEM parts and that also accounts for why the price is so high.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 AM

It has already been pointed out several times that his line and body position were way off. It looks to me like he came in hot and panicked and tried to steer the bike rather than counter steer. He pushes the bike over onto the unused chicken strip section and overwhelms available traction. Ask him about fixating on the sign rather than looking through the corner... I'll bet he can't remember seeing the exit.