Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Another crash from another friend

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad he is okay. Could have obviously been worse. I was trying to figure out why it slipped out. Didn't look like he was going to to fast? IDK

Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by hikeetech
I am glad he is ok too, but as if his first reaction when he got up was to walk away and drop his helmet on the gravel.
i think that was a dumb frustration move for sure

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Remind me to never ride with you.
Bad juju.
I was not on the ride I had to work that day. I do hate getting the texts asking “wanna go run *road name*?” and then getting another text 3 or 4 hours later telling me so and so crashed.

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
At least he only had to worry about taking one glove off.

Been seeing a lot of crashes lately. Weather is getting good, MotoGP just recently started back up, people think they can ride like they do on a track, so on and so on. People need to start yielding on the side of caution more often.

But on the other hand... YOLO!!!!
Yeah it was a good camera angle of glove flying off, amazingly no rash on his hand, but it kind of makes me want to upgrade to some nice leather gloves instead of the textile ones I have. And agreed I’ve ridden with the rider in question many time and we have never had a issue but it doesn’t take much of a mistake to end up in the ditch. Should always ride at your own comfort level and save the real speed for the track days.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin
How fast were you going/ what did he do wrong? That didn't even seem like that tight of a curve! Damn goes to show you I guess...
Good thing he's okay
Originally Posted by fordmanforever
Glad he is okay. Could have obviously been worse. I was trying to figure out why it slipped out. Didn't look like he was going to to fast? IDK
Not sure what the speed was but I think how much lean he had and how high his body was had a lot to do with it. Normally if you’re going that low you should have a puck on and just drag a little. But his body was ware his bike should have been and his bike was ware his body should have been. If you watch right before it slides out he leans up as if to try and stand the bike up. I think the bike was to far gone and that point and the lean up only served to shift his center of gravity that much more.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to tell but it looks like he might have hit the center paint about the time he slides.

Last edited by Incompatible; 05-03-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Incompatible
Hard to tell but it looks like he might have hit the center paint about the time he slides.
People blame stuff like this wayyyy too often.

His line was awful. His turn in point was much too early .

Not sure if he was using reference points and/or looking for the Apex but he totally blew it if he was.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
People blame stuff like this wayyyy too often.

His line was awful. His turn in point was much too early .

Not sure if he was using reference points and/or looking for the Apex but he totally blew it if he was.
Thanks for reiterating that Nate. Glad he is ok.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 PM

as a new rider to me it looks like he took the turn wrong he was more towards the center line when he should have been on the outside going into the inside line. His body posture was wrong towards the end before the fall and there was way too much lean much more than I would have felt comfortable with anyway.

Maybe(correct me if I'm wrong) but he was leaning so far along with bad posture when he went to press the bike to the right without correcting his body posture he actually pushed it down.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, He was way too high on the outside edge of the seat, body position was all wrong. Glad to hear he is alright. Crashing sucks!

Old 05-04-2012, 10:16 AM

Should also note that he has been riding for 3-4 years and this was his first incident. Just a reminder that it just takes one mistake.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tec_
Should also note that he has been riding for 3-4 years and this was his first incident. Just a reminder that it just takes one mistake.
Did he got the bike checked out? I guess he'll be taking it easier now, I'd point him to twist of the wrist 2 if he hasn't seen/read it already.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:04 PM

I was on this ride, and I was the guy on the bike with the camera.

Originally Posted by chambers
Looks like he just barely missed the sign post, lucky, though the bike looks to have hit and broke 1 side. He turned in too early and was on a crappy line as well.
His bike hit the sign first, then he hit the sign. The sign actually broke below where the breakaway is supposed to happen.

Originally Posted by Wisconsin
How fast were you going/ what did he do wrong? That didn't even seem like that tight of a curve! Damn goes to show you I guess...

Good thing he's okay
I dont look at my speedo until after Im done with the corner, but IIRC we were hitting these at about 50-60. It was a 20MPH posted 90 degree corner, we hit a few just like it before this one.

Originally Posted by Incompatible
He may have hit the center line, but if you watch it again you can see that he doesnt actually go down until after he comes out from the line.

Originally Posted by chambers
Did he got the bike checked out? I guess he'll be taking it easier now, I'd point him to twist of the wrist 2 if he hasn't seen/read it already.
The bike was checked out by a shop, and it was an estimated 10k in damage. Honestly the bike is not in that bad of shape, we ended up zip-tying the plastics together and he finished the ride.

Quick Reply: Another crash from another friend