Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What is it with guys on Harley's??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

i had my first encounter with a guy on a harley the other day. looked like the guy in the harley video with the glasses, mustash, t-top muscle shirt, jeans, boots, no helmet. he was to the left of me at a stop sign. as i was turning right waiting for traffic to pass, and he just goes (glad his harley made it across the street lol) i wear full gear, boots, helmet, gloves, protective jacket, jeans(wish i had some kevlar jeans) i cant see how these guys ride with no gear? i went for a quick spin up and down the street last night with no gear on (jeans, boots, shirt, no helmet) and i felt naked. oh found this out ladies love the sports bikes

Brandon

Old 07-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a chat with a guy on a Harley while sitting at a stoplight on my way home from work today. He'd snuck up behind me and was basically just making friendly chit-chat. It was a rather warm day and I was sitting there in my riding jacket, full face helmet and gloves, while he had on a short sleeve shirt and open face helmet.

Anyway, he didn't seem to be put off by me sitting on a sport bike. We talked about the water cooling on my bike, bicycling and that he'd had a heart attack and was considering getting into bicycling for health reasons.

Pretty nice dude. I wish the light had stayed red longer.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:45 AM

i ve been riding since 2001 and i have had 1 harley guy pull next to me at a light and start chit chat. Anytime i m at a light and a fellow sport biker pulls up we always at least say whats up...harley guys wont even wave on the road in passing. to me 97% of harley riders are ****! oh and ya girls love sport bikes! i always have girls asking me for rides.My bike has gotten me la*d more times.... its def paid itself of in that respect.lol

Old 07-26-2010, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by despicablecbr600
i ve been riding since 2001 and i have had 1 harley guy pull next to me at a light and start chit chat. Anytime i m at a light and a fellow sport biker pulls up we always at least say whats up...harley guys wont even wave on the road in passing. to me 97% of harley riders are ****! oh and ya girls love sport bikes! i always have girls asking me for rides.My bike has gotten me la*d more times.... its def paid itself of in that respect.lol

2 thumbs up! wheres the ladies at? LOL

Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 AM

I have gotten a couple of waves from harley riders on the freeway. Mostly the guys who are wearing full face helmets.

The dudes who wear the leather vests and half helmets with their braided pony tails seem to be ******** tho. Not as much as a wave and some scowl at me too.

Hell, even this Scooter rider around me, I pass by him almost every day on the way to work. Dude has never ever waved or put the fingers out or nothin. Maybe he is a newb but maybe just a jackass.

Ive had a few friends who are harley riders and their biggest gripe about sport bikes is the ******* kids who do stupid **** on the road (squids). Also probably the fact that the bike is japanese doesn't help either.

TBH there are a lot of **** riding sportbikes around here as well. It seems like all the clubs around me try to act like gangsters. Also I don't get wearing JUST a leather club vest on your sportbike... come on.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 PM

I used to be accepting of anyone on two wheels. I'd wave to every motorcycle I passed. After a while, I realized that Harley riders hardly ever waved back. Now, I won't wave to a Harley unless he waves first.
I've really grown to hate Harley riders. Many people with similar bikes, but from a different company, are very nice. I guess if you're dumb enough to buy a piece of $*!t Harley, you're a pretty big douche bag to start with.

Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Here in England, there are fortunately far less harley dicks than you guys have to put up with Most bikers will greet one another no problem which is pretty cool! The riders I have utmost respect for are the old blokes who have restored their vintage bikes & enjoy a ride out If people like them dont keep the old bikes going they will be lost forever.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM

I'm never going to wave to a Harley again since the last time I did he didn't wave so I just showed him the bird.

I know a guy whose got a Harley and the first week he got it he practically ruined the transmission. Way to look good USA with your ****ty bikes.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:17 AM

I stopped waiving to those **** a long time ago. The other day i was cruising along and came up on a ***. of course he had his fat pig girlfriend on the back and she was blonde, and he was in the passing lane going 5 under the speed limit. So i go in the right lane to pass him and he comes in to my lane nearly side swiping me. Now i'm not a ***** when someone makes makes an innocent mistake but this *** pulls up next to me and calls me an "f" in a hole. Of course i flipped him the bird and told him to get the f out of the passing lane.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:52 PM

IMO Harleys are over priced and underpowered.

I've never caught any serious crap from any Harley rider, although every now and then I could 'feel' their judgement at a stop light. Its all good when the light turns green and they can't even keep up with cars, let alone me.

Although I don't agree with their ideals, I try not to judge or call them **** jsut for being a part of what they like...even if it IS just for image...

Quick Reply: What is it with guys on Harley's??