Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Sore Hands?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sore Hands?

I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, but does anyone else experience sore hands while riding. It's more like a cramp at the base of my thumb, but normally on my throttle hand only. I have tried lifting up to use wind resistance to hold me up, and I don't feel like I am putting to much weight on my hands, but if I really knew, I wouldn't be asking... Thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sore Hands?

ORIGINAL: Gone_Broke

I am sure it is something I am doing wrong, but does anyone else experience sore hands while riding. It's more like a cramp at the base of my thumb, but normally on my throttle hand only. I have tried lifting up to use wind resistance to hold me up, and I don't feel like I am putting to much weight on my hands, but if I really knew, I wouldn't be asking... Thanks
use your knees, abs, n back to hold your weight. relax your grip on the bars. You should be able to flap your elbows like a chicken n not upset the bike. If you do you are gripping to hard n not relaxing enuff. It takes some seat tyme to get it all down so its 2nd nature.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:34 AM

Thanks a lot. I will definately give it a shot...

Old 10-02-2007, 12:33 PM

I used to get sore hands ands my hands would get tingly after riding for a little while, and then someone on these forums advised me not to have my elbows str8 but have them relaxed just like what Playfulgod said and the problem has since disappeared..seriously just grip the tank with ur legs keep urself up with your abs and back muscles and you should be fine.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:21 PM

and buy you some good gloves . that will help alot .. i just bought some joerocket ones that had some good padding in the palm where i normaly rest at .. and it has cut out alot of it

Old 10-02-2007, 11:24 PM

I rode today from Rowlett to Allen to work on a car and the whole trip I made a concious effort not to put weight on my hands. Most of the trip I'm sure I looked like an iddiot flapping my elbows around like I was trying to fly or something...lol, but overall it was a much better ride. I do have gloves but the palms seem to be a little thin. I think I'm going to invest in some new ones. Thanks for the advice....

Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Gone_Broke

I rode today from Rowlett to Allen to work on a car and the whole trip I made a concious effort not to put weight on my hands. Most of the trip I'm sure I looked like an iddiot flapping my elbows around like I was trying to fly or something...lol, but overall it was a much better ride. I do have gloves but the palms seem to be a little thin. I think I'm going to invest in some new ones. Thanks for the advice....
lol yea I forgot to mention ya'll look like an idoit but lol