Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

OHIO Riding...?

Old 10-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OHIO Riding...?

Who all on here is from Ohio? Anyways, I moved to the Columbus area almost a year ago. There are a few (key word: FEW, not that many) good roads that I know of around my area. I ride alot in Logan County, Union County, Franklin County, Champaign County and Auglaize County. I've rode in other areas, but I didn't have a f**king clue where I was at! lol, anyways...Does anyone know of any GOOD riding areas here in Ohio? I've heard alot about a place called Hocking Hills. Has anybody ever been to that area? If anybody knows of any good riding areas, PLEASE let me know!

Old 10-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: OHIO Riding...?

I'm in southern Ohio... Chesapeake to be exact. About 2.5 hours from Columbus. I ride in OH, KY and WV and have some good roads, mostly in KY. Nothing perfect, you always have changing road surface, debris, slow moving farm tractors, and hidden intersections with cars pulling out. Plus all the rednecks you can say yee-hawww to that hate it when you try to pass their held together by mud 4x4.

Hey... I call it home. My rides don't take me far from Lawrence county, Scioto, Jackson and Gallia county areas. I know it's getting colder with only a few good riding days left, but next year we can meet up for some rides.

But we do have several riders in the Columbus area, so I'm useless to you... you should be able to find them on here.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:43 PM

Thanks Don for posting a thread. Yeah, it is getting colder out, and I hate to say it, but the riding season, at least mine, is almost up, but we could still hook up sometime (maybe next year) and ride. I know what you mean when you talk about the "Rednecks". And those f**king god damn tractors, jesus, there are alot of those running around here too! And they leave behing piles of mud, rocks, corn stalks, etc., on the road...and don't even bother trying to clean it up afterwards, when their house is 1/4 mile away. That stuff pisses me off, and there's also alot of those f**king pilgrams (amish) people around here in their little 1500 B.C. wagons that leave trails of horse **** lying everywhere, and when you pass them, they give you that little friendly "hi, we're amish, we don't like you" wave...ANYWAYS...so I know where you're coming from. Yeah, definately keep in touch. We're going to have to get togather sometime and ride. I'm considering on going down to "The Dragon" next year, so who knows, maybe we can get a little group of people togather. Take care man!

Old 10-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Retired Administrator

I'll be here. I hope to make a couple of trips to the dragon next year and I'm thinking mid-ohio. How close to mid-ohio are you? Do you ever go?

Old 10-21-2006, 03:39 PM

I'm only like 40 minutes, if that, from Mid-Ohio. Some buddies and I went to the Honda Super Cycle Weekend. That was my first time ever going there. A friend that I went with works for Honda and got us V.I.P. Pit Passes! Hell yeah! Not Paddock Passes, but PIT PASSES! Everyone was so cool. Nicky was there watching his brothers. I got a chance to meet him actually. The Haydens were obviouslly in the Kawasaki Pit, but my buddy having hook-ups through Honda, well, Duhamels Tech, and Duahmel, actually took us in the Honda Tour Bus. The HRC guys were in there typing **** on their laptops all day. So, we were just chilling there, bull****ting with the techs and Duhamel, guess what...the Hayden brothers walked in the f**king Honda bus!!! I about passed out, lol. Nicky was checking up on some **** from the HRC guys, so...Anyways...yeah, Mid-Ohio, as I'm sure other bike races, was very, very awesome! There were a few groups that even got an opportunity to take a couple laps around the track which was pretty cool. I'll be moving to FL early next year so that I can go to school, but will live in OH during the Summer. So maybe next year, I can get some extra tickets for the Honda Weekend and you can ride up there with us.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Retired Administrator

Nice.... talk about being jealous.

If you go next year, give me an invite. If you get extra tickets to anything in the pits or paddock... I'm your new best friend.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:47 PM

I use to live in Columbus, all the roads are straight and flat. Definatly take out toward
Hawkin hills, I cant remember the road numbers, but there were always sportbikes
on a saturday afternoon. You gotta head east and south to find any good roads, or
there is a couple of killer roads that run from Columbus to Canton up through shaker town.

go east young man

Old 10-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Retired Administrator

I am 2 hours south of Columbus...

Old 10-22-2006, 05:38 PM

whats up fellas...i live in south east columbus also looking for people to ride with and i agree this terrain is boring....we'll all have to ride when the snow melts

p.s. don how do you like your clear alternatives rear light? been looking at them on ebay.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Retired Administrator

Hello Chris. Sounds like we are getting enough members for a get together in the spring, or if we're lucky and have a couple of good warm days this fall.

I love the tail light, very bright and cleans of the tail. I'm lucky so far. All the mods I have done have worked out for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OHIO Riding...?