Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Laguna Seca Motorcycle Races

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laguna Seca Motorcycle Races

OK OK..I know I was just there yesterday..but if you are into motorcycle racing; Laguna Seca is like the HOLY GRAIL for it in America..I mean there is Daytona, Road Atlanta, ect...but for a world class event, with world class " after race" happenings..there is NO WHERE that beats this!! I have been to Daytona ( Better on T.V.) Road Atlanta was cool, but afterwards??It is in the middle of B.F.E.!!
Laguna Seca is located not far at all from the OCEAN!! And not just any old place either..if you have never been, YOU HAVE GOT TO GO TO LAGUNA for MotoGP, World Superbike, AMA RACES....
You have the Pacific Coast Highway and the scenery is BREATH TAKING!! I usually get up in the morning when I am there for a ride down to Big Sur or such for breakfast along HWY 1 and then go to the track. And at night; Cannery Row in Monterey is barricaded off and they only allow motorcycle traffic thru!! If you are in a car you are walking in!! Plus they let you wander down the middle of the road since it closed to traffic!!
I highly reccomend it!!
I go EVERY YEAR!!
Yesterday, at my trackday there; A truckload of riders and bikes came all the way from Kansas to be there for the trackday..that was so cool!! NOW THAT IS AN ADVENTURE YOU WOULD NEVER FORGET