Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Husband and wife go down...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Husband and wife go down...

Here we go again...I tell you, know who the he11 you are riding with. Two weekends ago, me and a couple of my boys are about to push out on some nice curves here in eastern NC. We rollin' busa's, gixxer 6's, 2/929's, 2/ZX7's, a F4i and the bike in question...a Ninja 636. We pick up friends...who pick up friends...who pick even more friends. It was suppose to be about 4 of us hittin' curves and going to the drag strip south of J-ville, NC. As we're riding, one of the usual knuckleheads gets in fron to indicate he needs gas and pulls over from the left hand lane straight to the right. Keep in mind, we are in a column of two's and he's in the left column in the front. The place he pulled over to wasn't even a gas station but some club. Did I mention that the entire group was moving about 75+mph! Everyone went crazy but being experienced riders we all did controlled stops or avoiding biting the big one. Remember the husband and wife I told you of in the subject line...175 lbs. + 150 lbs. + '04 Ninja 636...out of control, faded right to avoid idiot that pulled over to quick, slid through the grass, low sided through an advertisement sign (about 5' x 6' metal and plastic) and came to a road rash stop about 60 feet later. The husband had a minor scratch on his shoulder. The wife...deep scratches on both shoulders, both love handles, both hips, both thighs, both knees, both ankles and both elbows with a possible bruised hip. The bike's entire rear break assembly just hangs with no life and the upper fairing right side needs to be replaced. Can't tell if the forks took a blow or not. The next day he was in our local shop purchasing about 2k worth of parts to get his ride back on the road. Oh, did I mention that he only had a permit and no license to carry a passenger!!! I remember the guys vouching for this guy saying that he and his wife can ride with the best of 'em...before we took off. Thank God they were not in front of the group. Know who the he11 you ride with. Be safe out there fellas.

Old 01-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Husband and wife go down...

Very sorrry to hear the bad news. But aat least no one was hurt bad. Like he said know your limits and know who your riding with. Much Love CBR Riders.