Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Burkesville Kentucky Closed Road ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burkesville Kentucky Closed Road ride

The Nashville sportbike meetup group has been riding to Burkesville, ky for two years running (last year was the inaugaral ride) to ride a closed road. The Mayor there has been kind enough to allow us, and the CMA riders group to do this. The ride so far has been held the last two years on, or around the week after memorial day. The road itself is short, maybe a mile to a mile and half, but, we get to ride it as fast as we are able. They've had portable dyno's, food, and other vendors there, great atmosphere. Safety was also well taken care of, with an ambulance and paramedics standing by just in case. Last year, we had one rider go down, but was back up and on his bike in less time than it takes me to type this, unhurt, both he, and the bike..this year, we had two riders go down, both unhurt, and both bikes still very usable. The road isn't terrible fast, but does take some skill to negotiate at a good pace. I recommend it highly, remember to bring your racing leathers, as you will definitely get your knees dirty

here is some video taken at this year's ride
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGuZwnhk9p8

Old 10-15-2010, 06:00 PM

if i messaged you on youtube sorry but ive been trying to get info on this so a group form louisvillesportbikes.com can attend in 2011.....any update for next year? or a date

Old 10-19-2010, 08:59 PM

im up here in indiana, looks like fun i might have to make sure im at the next event

Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM

yeah, thats me over on CBRFAN. The dates for next years events haven't been released yet, but plan on the first weekend in June. Its a one day event. Worth the trip definitely. I'll post up here as soon as a date is released, last two years, about 70 riders have shown up, and its been a blast. I believe they are trying to make it into an all weekend thing, but its still in the preliminary planning stages. I will keep you posted for sure.

I plan to post some more videos of some upcoming rides, and of a trip that some members took to the Dragon's tail. Soon as the new camera mount is finished, we'll be riding hwy 30, and hwy 231 in East Tennessee, both are great roads..