Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.
View Poll Results: Do you think about this trip?
He will make it, people really can do good things
76.19%
He wont make it, its to long/ crazy of a trip
4.76%
He should just fly from Washington
4.76%
He will make it, and I want to join the ride!
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Alaska to Alabama ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Nex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like an awesome time! Like others have said, you've got the time to make this a VERY enjoyable trip! I like Kuro's idea of getting a first floor room, and having the bike there with you. Enjoy the ride! And DO take a TON of pix to share with us!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nex
Sounds like an awesome time! Like others have said, you've got the time to make this a VERY enjoyable trip! I like Kuro's idea of getting a first floor room, and having the bike there with you. Enjoy the ride! And DO take a TON of pix to share with us!
Hey, I don't get the credit for that. It's all thirdgenlxi's idea!
Originally Posted by thirdgenlxi
Every single time... I never leave my bike outside at hotels, MAJOR hotspot for bike thieves. First thing I tell them when I go to check into a motel is that I want a ground level outside room, and if they don't have one I leave and keep riding around until I find one that does. I rode around Orlando, FL for 2 hours one time in the middle of the night one time looking for one, and around Las Cruses, NM for about an hour looking for one. I've even moved furniture and little refrigerators out of the way just so I could get the bike in (then put it back when I left, of course)

Old 04-19-2010, 02:55 AM

Thanks alot for all the encouragement! First off, that is really a really great idea about parkin the bike inside the room, I never would have thought of that but I will deffinetly be doing that now.
To: "bubba_finch07" i have heard of that group but i havent had the time yet to look them up. hopefully ill have time this afternoon to check it out then i will get back to ya.
We will be leaving here in May, obviously you know i cant give out any exact days but right now im in Balad.
check ur private messages.

Old 04-19-2010, 03:05 AM

oh and yeah i will have my Iphone on me plus a video camera, I plan on visiting many sight seeing spots and taking tons of pics. Once I get back to alaska I will post my myspace and facebook accounts here so everyone that wants, can check out all the pics and find out how my trip goes. ill post a few pics here but i wont be able to post the majority obviously.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Nex

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Hey, I don't get the credit for that. It's all thirdgenlxi's idea!
My Mistake It's a Great Idea non the less, and I love the pix of his bike in the room lol!

Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I say - go for it! PMA all the way. Hooooorahhhh!

Old 04-21-2010, 11:30 AM

i wonder how many miles i can go a day. lol just so yall know im really excited about this trip. people in my unit and friends back home are saying im crazy.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:04 PM

well since its such a long ride I wouldnt push mileage so much since you will be waking up and riding day after day. But 400 miles might be a decent distance to shoot for. If you were only going to be on the bike for a couple days in a row i would say push it 500+ but you would get tired of that after a few days more than likely.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Default 1st stop

Hey MXFreestyler,
I'm a Chief Master-at-Arms in the Navy here in Bangor WA (Silverdale area). I don't know what your travel plans are but if you need a first stop, me and the wife are offering you a place to stay here in Washington and a good breakfast to hit the road on. Offer is there if you need it.
Don

Old 04-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GO Navy, steppin up I was a CTM2 back when I was in.

Originally Posted by crashndent
Hey MXFreestyler,
I'm a Chief Master-at-Arms in the Navy here in Bangor WA (Silverdale area). I don't know what your travel plans are but if you need a first stop, me and the wife are offering you a place to stay here in Washington and a good breakfast to hit the road on. Offer is there if you need it.
Don

Quick Reply: Alaska to Alabama ride