Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Question about cornering....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about cornering....

Hey guys/girls ... I'm new to the riding world and have been practicing alot. I've taken the MSF and always wear my protective gear (boots, helmet, jacket, gloves, and pants). So I consider myself a pretty safer rider. But I have a question.

I just recently got rid of my rear tire chicken strips without even knowing it coming through this one turn and it seemed like the bike could lean even more ... my toes/pegs were now where near the ground I think ... but then again I wasn't looking down at the ground but through the turn...lol. My question is ... if I got rid of the chicken strip on the rear tire but my front tire is far from being used up (like aninch and halfis not beingused)... am I doing something wrong or could I do something better in the turn? Am I not countersteering enough? Should I be putting more weight forward? ... The reason why I'm asking this question is because I feel that the turn can be taken faster but at this point if I do that I believe i'm going to low side the bike. [&:]The turn is a complete 180 with an even angle throughout.

I've been told to get off the bike more but seeing that I'm a new rider and still a little hestitant to do that.... but I know that will be my next step.

See picture below for the tire wear.

Thanks for any advice!

A picture of my right side back tire...

A picture of my ride side front tire...

Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about cornering....

that looks like the proper tire wear to me, seems your doing everything right, the rear tires always wear closer to the edge then the fronts do to the size and curveture differenceof the tires, keep riding and stay safe.